Upcoming Stand-Up Gigs

There seem to be a lot of stand up tours and stuff on at this time of year. Anyone going?

I'm a big fan of stand up, but I play it a bit safe, I only tend to see guys who I've seen on the telly.

I'm off to see Russell Howard on Friday, he's performing as part of the first "Hull Comedy Festival". It'll be as big as Edinburgh before long ;) Should be good, he's awesome on 'Mock the week' and his podcast. very strange sense of humour, but funny with it.

Also going to see Andy Parsons in November, again in Hull. He's another guy who's awesome on 'Mock'. It'll be interesting to see how his stand up comes together having only seen him do the odd gag here and there.

Frankie Boyle's tour brings him close in the spring, Grimsby or Leeds, I'll definitely have to see him.

Andy Parsons delivery is pretty much what you see on "Mock".

I'd like to see Russell Howard and Frankie Boyle also Lee Mack.

Bill Bailey will hopefully be swinging through the southern hemisphere in a few months, so I'll definitely be seeing him live if he makes it here. I understand his new tour is happening in the UK in November.

I can't imagine you get that much choice in Hull other than to go and see the touring acts who play there.

Agraman, the promoter who set up the legendary Buzz Club in Manchester has moved to Beverley and runs a club there which is getting a very good reputation. Certainly worth checking out if your a comedy fan.

Do you know which one? I drove past a pub in Beverley a few weeks ago that had posters up advertising live comedy every Wednesday night, I meant to check it out.

I saw Robin Ince when he was a special guest for David Cross. I would love to see him do a propre show.

http://www.buzzcomedy.co.uk/news.htm

He'll always have one top act on - ie someone who plays Comedy Store, Jongleurs, Edinburgh etc.

And always at least one screaming weirdo.

The man himself is an institution.

Lee Mack still plays the Comedy Store and that is a great place to get along to to see people before they get on the telly.

When I first went there in 94 the bill was Paul Merton, Harry Hill and Lee Hurst.

they have gigs all around the country and two main ones in London and Manchester. Don't think there's one in Hull, but there's a bi-monthly one in Grimsby.

Cheers, pal, great link. I'll definitely check it out.