Treasure Hunt (1952)

Dear oh dear, oh bloody dear. Well at least this time all the reviews on the IMDb agreed with me, as this was absolutely DIRE and I found my life ebbing away from me as I saw it out to the bitter end hoping for some humour.

Jimmy Edwards was in the lead (twice) and it was like he was told NOT to be funny. The only person to raise a smile from me was ITMA (not the radio series) Miles Malleson as the ancient solicitor reading the will.

Other faces were Naunton Wayne, Irene Handl and Alfie Bass, both of whom were in it for about 5 minutes.

If you needed an ancient solicitor reading the will,Miles would have to be your man.

Quote: john tregorran @ 18th October 2019, 7:32 PM

If you needed an ancient solicitor reading the will,Miles would have to be your man.

A wonderful character actor. :)

A really very curious film. Various plotlines that exist vaguely relatedly but are not particularly linked, and somewhat oddly (un)resolved. I wonder what the original play upon which it was based was like.

Enjoyed it much more than Hercules did, mind. Not laugh-a-minute, no, but charming, funny and enjoyable none the less.