British Comedy Guide

Talking Pictures TV Page 14

Quote: Chappers @ 10th May 2024, 6:04 PM

I just saw an advert for Ladies Who Do coming up. What a cast!

One of the few early 60s films that still work - yes, an excellent film

Is it X-rated?

Quote: Chappers @ 11th May 2024, 11:59 AM

Is it X-rated?

SeX mad, is our Dave - mind you, char ladies might be your turn on, especially when they get their shammies out, and we all know how well built they are

Quote: Chappers @ 10th May 2024, 6:04 PM

I just saw an advert for Ladies Who Do coming up. What a cast!

And talking of Peggy Mount (as you evidently were), Sailor Beware, with the inimitable Peggy and the wonderful Esma Cannon, is also well worth a viewing and is on at 08:55 next Friday (17 May). Ladies Who Do is then on at 14:50 the same day. That's next Friday sorted then.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 12th May 2024, 8:44 AM

And talking of Peggy Mount (as you evidently were), Sailor Beware, with the inimitable Peggy and the wonderful Esma Cannon, is also well worth a viewing and is on at 08:55 next Friday (17 May).

Wonderful film too, with the superb Peggy Mount in full battle flow with her diminutive brow-beaten flustered friend Esma Cannon at her beck and call.

A 10/10 must see, if you haven't!

Nine years yesterday that Talking Pictures TV began broadcasting:

"Today marks exactly 9 years since Talking Pictures TV first started broadcasting! We've come a very long way. Dad and I can't quite believe it. Whether you've been with us since day 1, or joined us along the way, we want to thank our viewers for your unwavering support of our channel. We always love hearing from you, and we have loved meeting so many of you at our festivals over the years, and we hope to bring you many more. So please do continue spreading the word, because it's your support that keeps the projectors rolling (and keeps Bob in a job!)."

Well, I'm a regular viewer, especially the "Footage Detectives" on Sunday tea-time - wouldn't miss it for anything.

Yeah, I'm a fan of the channel too, mainly for the old horror/sci-fi films they regularly show. I've always liked that sort of thing, and they sometimes have some fairly obscure ones.

I see they're showing the original 1960s Batman series from the beginning, starting on Saturday! Got that on the planner to record.

Quote: a plate @ 29th May 2024, 8:35 PM

I see they're showing the original 1960s Batman series from the beginning, starting on Saturday! Got that on the planner to record.

Ditto - Holy Betamax!

"BBC and Sky's free family-run rival showing some of UK's best-ever films":

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1905133/bbc-sky-free-family-run-media-film-streaming

A tribute to Stanley Holloway on "Those Famous Faces" 6pm this Sunday (21 July).

Z Cars coming to TPTV from Saturday 28 September. BD to Z Victor 1...

Shall have to get my talking Z Car out of its box: