Talking Pictures TV Page 10

Billy Bunter

• Sunday 8th August 2021, 5:10pm [Edited]
  • The Sussex Coast, England
  • 1,800 posts

TPTV has secured its first licensing agreement with the BBC. As a result it will soon be showing Secret Army (not Fairly of that ilk) featuring Jan Francis of Just Good Friends fame (thought I'd better add a comedy reference in there).

Stephen Goodlad

• Sunday 8th August 2021, 6:43pm
  • Mirfield, England
  • 4,597 posts

I loved secret army. It didn't pull punches.

MrsLogicFromViz

• Monday 9th August 2021, 6:06pm
  • suburban south London, United Kingdom
  • 2,565 posts

My husband keeps recording programmes on Talking Pictures TV, he particularly enjoys the 'Look At Life' shorts hailing from the 1960s.

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Tuesday 10th August 2021, 12:06am
  • England
  • 19,849 posts
Quote: TheBlueNun @ 9th August 2021, 6:06 PM

My husband keeps recording programmes on Talking Pictures TV, he particularly enjoys the 'Look At Life' shorts hailing from the 1960s.

Have been burning them to DVD since they started - I think I have about 30 on there at the moment, but am running out of space.

I love the series! Remember them at the cinema in the 60s. Cool

Chappers

• Wednesday 11th August 2021, 6:59pm
  • Surreyish., England
  • 32,492 posts
Quote: Billy Bunter @ 8th August 2021, 5:10 PM

TPTV has secured its first licensing agreement with the BBC. As a result it will soon be showing Secret Army (not Fairly of that ilk) featuring Jan Francis of Just Good Friends fame (thought I'd better add a comedy reference in there).

And my first sight of the gorgeous Jan Francis. (I shall say zis only once!)

Stephen Goodlad

• Thursday 12th August 2021, 8:10am
  • Mirfield, England
  • 4,597 posts

There were four women in it that were all very attractive to me.

Albert's bird, Jan Francis, the blonde one that was also Del Boy's girlfriend in one episode and Kessler's bit on the side.

Billy Bunter

• Thursday 2nd September 2021, 7:52pm
  • 1,800 posts
Quote: Billy Bunter @ 8th August 2021, 5:10 PM

Sunday 26 September @ 9pm is the date/time for your diary.

Billy Bunter

• Thursday 9th September 2021, 10:02pm [Edited]
  • 1,800 posts
Quote: youngian @ 27th April 2013, 7:12 PM

Secret Army was a limited scenario and should have become repetitive after the first series but it was utterly gripping right up until the final episodes. Some great character development especially Bernard Hepton's sometimes sinister and opportunist Albert while Clifford Rose brought some depth and humanity to an odious convinced Nazi commander.

Family of actor Clifford Rose launch appeal to help with care home fees:

https://www.stratford-herald.com/news/amp/family-of-actor-clifford-rose-launch-appeal-to-help-with-car-9215211/?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR2qHEKrnhH1qFvDJsXkuNoSeqAJGyrIEuxldSPeXVmlYoy3oFPkxiozl1g

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Friday 10th September 2021, 12:23am
  • England
  • 19,849 posts

My digi-box is set....................

Sun 12 Sep 12:00 The Footage Detectives

Mike Read joins Talking Pictures TV founder Noel Cronin on his quest to track down old films. The pair uncover a short film from 1958 and look at a recently discovered episode of the series Boyd QC.

Sun 12 Sep 12:30 Boyd Q.C. The Shropshire Lass. 1958.

Drama. Directed by Michael Currer-Briggs. Stars Michael Denison, Ian Ainsley & Barrie Cookson. The 'lost' episode of the British legal programme. (SUBTITLES AVAILABLE)

Hercules Grytpype Thynne

• Monday 13th September 2021, 12:29am
  • England
  • 19,849 posts
Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th September 2021, 12:23 AM

Sun 12 Sep 12:00 The Footage Detectives

Mike Read joins Talking Pictures TV founder Noel Cronin on his quest to track down old films. The pair uncover a short film from 1958 and look at a recently discovered episode of the series Boyd QC.

I enjoyed that. :)