Lolly Adefope Page 2

Will Cam

• Saturday 3rd August 2019, 6:32pm
  • England
  • 7,914 posts

Just watched her Comedy Short episode "Sorry" which is on BBC iPlayer. Absolutely totally unfunny on every level. Anyone else want to watch it and tell me I am wrong?

Off-topic post by Rood Eye on Sat 3rd Aug 2019, 20:41
Quote: Will Cam @ 3rd August 2019, 6:32 PM

Just watched her Comedy Short episode "Sorry" which is on BBC iPlayer. Absolutely totally unfunny on every level. Anyone else want to watch it and tell me I am wrong?

I'd love to comment but I've been down that road before.

See my previous posts on this thread.

garyd

• Monday 5th August 2019, 3:18pm
  • England
  • 761 posts
Quote: Will Cam @ 3rd August 2019, 6:32 PM

Just watched it and, no, you're not wrong.

I suppose that makes me a bad person.

Sorry.

Rood Eye

• Monday 5th August 2019, 3:51pm [Edited]
  • England
  • 2,410 posts
Quote: garyd @ 5th August 2019, 3:18 PM

Just watched it and, no, you're not wrong.

I suppose that makes me a bad person.

It doesn't make you a bad person.

However, it does make you a BCG member whose name vill also go on ze list. Laughing out loud

Jaicee

• Monday 12th August 2019, 3:47pm
  • Glasgow, Scotland
  • 212 posts

Right lads which one of you is Lolly's agent then ? This is a piss take , isn't it?

Off-topic post by Firkin on Mon 12th Aug 2019, 16:57

Rood is infatuated by her only he can't figure out why. We don't want him moving onto anything harder, like Scary Spice. Spice is pretty addictive, its a drug that really does take the Mick.

Chris Hallam

• Monday 12th August 2019, 7:58pm
  • Exeter, United Kingdom
  • 215 posts

Lolly's a perfectly decent, talented comedy performer. Whatever the motivation, I don't care much for threads like this.

Chappers

• Monday 12th August 2019, 9:21pm
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,187 posts

I think that really it's a case of the King's new clothes.

For various reasons (PC?) someone is building her up to being something she is not. It's not really her fault.

Billy Bunter

• Monday 12th August 2019, 9:36pm [Edited]
  • The Sussex Coast, England
  • 830 posts
Quote: Chris Hallam @ 12th August 2019, 7:58 PM

Lolly's a perfectly decent, talented comedy performer. Whatever the motivation, I don't care much for threads like this.

I've no idea who this person is, nor do I care. But I would have thought that a comedy site based forum was indeed the place to discuss the talents of a performer. I remember a thread some years ago in which the merits of Ernie Wise were derided. I didn't much care for the sentiments expressed in that thread either but there you are.

Off-topic post by Definitely Tarby on Mon 12th Aug 2019, 23:56
Quote: Chris Hallam @ 12th August 2019, 7:58 PM

I agree and the OP posted this thread for no other reason than to continue his vicious campaign because he was facing a backlash in all the other threads he spouted his dislike for her at the time. He posted it on Wednesday in a thinly disguised shout out for her showreel and then on the Saturday he's back to posting negative comments about her in the same thread. It was so obvious it was comical. He doesn't find her funny so because of that she must be on TV because of diversity reasons and nothing to do with her own hard work. Suggesting that attitude is racist and from someone who cannot see past the colour of someone's skin falls on deaf ears. He just doesn't get it. Sad really.

Meanwhile people are living life...

Chappers

• Tuesday 13th August 2019, 11:15pm
  • Surreyish., England
  • 30,187 posts
Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 12th August 2019, 11:56 PM

I agree and the OP posted this thread for no other reason than to continue his vicious campaign because he was facing a backlash in all the other threads he spouted his dislike for her at the time. He posted it on Wednesday in a thinly disguised shout out for her showreel and then on the Saturday he's back to posting negative comments about her in the same thread. It was so obvious it was comical. He doesn't find her funny so because of that she must be on TV because of diversity reasons and nothing to do with her own hard work. Suggesting that attitude is racist and from someone who cannot see past the colour of someone's skin falls on deaf ears. He just doesn't get it. Sad really.

Meanwhile people are living life...

I'm afraid that I agree with the OP. I don't find her talented or funny.

Off-topic post by Billy Bunter on Wed 14th Aug 2019, 08:32

Like I say, I don't know the young lady in question so I have no vested interest one way or another. But I very much object to it being suggested, whether covertly or otherwise, what one should think, or even discuss ("I don't care much for threads like this" indeed), whatever the subject. That way lies a very slippery slope (see the latest news bulletins from Hong Kong).

Off-topic post by Chris Hallam on Fri 16th Aug 2019, 06:56

Do forums such as this really tell people "what one should think"? I would argue that while we all might influence what other people think with whatever we post, we are not forcing anyone to agree with us or trying to controlling their thoughts. For this and many other reasons,, comparing this forum to the People's Republic of China seems like a misjudgement.
The context matters. Looking through this and the Ghosts thread it's obvious why Lolly is being singled out here. Were anyone to make blatant racist statements on here, they would quickly be banned and rightly so. They are thus waging their war by different means, to the detriment of the forum and the site.

Off-topic post by Billy Bunter on Fri 16th Aug 2019, 09:55
Quote: Chris Hallam @ 16th August 2019, 6:56 AM

For this and many other reasons,, comparing this forum to the People's Republic of China seems like a misjudgement.

Clearly I was not comparing the forum to the People's Republic of China. Obviously not since this debate was allowed to take place. I was comparing you, and your wish to stifle the debate because you disagree with it taking place, with the People's Republic of China.

You seem to be fixated on the race issue but are ignoring the fact that at least three other posters have agreed with the OP regarding her talent, which, as I said previously, is surely a legitimate subject for debate on a comedy forum. It's a debate that's been had about many a performer. No reason that it shouldn't be had in this case merely because of her ethnicity. That in itself could be said to be racist.