Book and DVD sleeve errors Page 3

Now you're going to have to find your copy to see if it is different - we need to know! :(

Found it! Perhaps unsurprisingly it is indeed the same. In the words of Captain Bertorelli, "What a mistake-a to make-a!"

I've finally got around to reading '1001 TV Series You Should Watch Before You Die' - while it's very detailed and covers many genres (and countries), the amount of factual errors and typos is shocking. According to the Hi-de-Hi! entry, Jimmy Perry and David Croft wrote Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em.

Quote: John M @ 15th June 2020, 4:43 PM

the amount of factual errors and typos is shocking. According to the Hi-de-Hi! entry, Jimmy Perry and David Croft wrote Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em.

Shocking indeed. Fact-checking seems to have gone out the window, not only in books on pop culture but also in broadsheet newspapers and "respected" academic studies.

Back to erroneous covers, Asia's pirate DVD markets remain a treasure trove of cock-ups:

Here's another gem. The main error is NOT the typesetting of Drew Barrymore's surname as two words. The error is in the misspelling of "First":

Kinky buggers!

The entire series of OFAH came out on DVD. Big mistake.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 1st November 2017, 4:39 PM

I've got a Blackadder II DVD and one of the episodes has never worked.

Neither have any of the others for me.