British Comedy Guide

Film Daily - Screenwriting Competition

KatyCole

• Tuesday 25th July 2017, 10:09pm [Edited]
  • London, UK, United Kingdom
  • 3 posts

Hey guys - it's great to meet y'all.

I just wanted to let you know about a screenwriting prize we have over at Film Daily. If you don't know us already, we're your #1 resource for film news, views, and reviews. Our screenwriting prize is awarded for comedy, horror, sci-fi, and drama scripts, shorts, and pilots. We wanted to spread the love and made a special 50%-off discount code for your community. Just enter FriendsFD at checkout.

Enter the contest here http://filmdaily.co/contest/

For news, views & reviews go here http://filmdaily.co/

Any questions email ops@filmdaily.co

kate to the party

• Tuesday 25th July 2017, 11:47pm
  • England
  • 32 posts

This looks great -do you know if it will be running again next year?

Paul Wimsett

• Wednesday 26th July 2017, 2:32pm
  • Folkestone, England
  • 2448 posts

With $20 entry fee why wouldn't they? Mind you it's about £13 in the current exchange rate.

KatyCole

• Wednesday 26th July 2017, 3:45pm
  • 3 posts
Quote: kate to the party @ 25th July 2017, 11:47 PM

This looks great -do you know if it will be running again next year?

Certainly! Please do check us out. We'll be running more throughout the rest of the year and onwards.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 26th July 2017, 2:32 PM

With $20 entry fee why wouldn't they? Mind you it's about £13 in the current exchange rate.

We operate a very low-cost entry fee. The submission fees go directly into competition prize monies and employing readers. We have a panel of 20 industry professionals on-board, with feedback being provided on each screenplay - even if they don't win.

kate to the party

• Thursday 27th July 2017, 10:32am [Edited]
  • England
  • 32 posts

Thanks, Katy -will keep an eye out!

That would be about £7.50 with the 50% off discount I guess? Let's not look a gift horse in the currency conversion app.

It's generally a tricky one with entry fees but definitely appreciate when organisations are transparent about what those fees are funding. Especially if they're giving something back like feedback! I found out on Monday evening I got to the full read stage in the recent BBC comedy room window; heartened to get that far but no idea what the readers made of it/no idea how to improve it. (And yes, this is a humblebrag.)

KatyCole

• Friday 4th August 2017, 4:20pm [Edited]
  • 3 posts

Due to the overwhelming support and success, we've decided to extend this offer for another week. As such, a new code has been issued, which'll allow you to save 50% off entries. Just enter FD50off at the checkout.

Thank you to everyone who has submitted their screenplays so far. We're looking forward to checking them all out.