- Sunday 12th February 2017, 8:31am
- United States
- 40 posts
I've been throwing around the idea of revamping my own site into something a bit more satirical with open submissions. As of now it is a portfolio for my own stuff, but there are so many great minds and I wish to get more entrenched with a great group of writers unashamed and unafraid to write great satire. Pretty much, make friends and build to a common goal.
I've written satire for other sites, but it seems like the same repetitive circles; either everyone is trying to be The Onion or they are trying to be NewsBiscuit - as soon as someone threatens a lawsuit they back down and run away scared. The good news is that I have nothing anyone can get in a lawsuit, and I also love controversy with a purpose and not for the sheer vanity of it. I want to go a little bit deeper than that and broaden the international horizons as America's ass does not rise and set on satire.
So let's get the preliminary pretexts out the way.
1. I'm in America. Hopefully I'll make enough friends so when I escape to freedom I'll have a home across the pond.
2. My current site is http://articulatemadness.com. I do all my own pics/writings/etc.
3. Right now I pay/maintain/webdesign my own site. Some sites hire folk but I tend to do alright as it is also my side hustle.
4. The budget is like crap. I pay the web hosting and all that, but nothing big time.
5. Yes, its unpaid. I'm not even paid. And yeah, I hate that as a writer but I'm just in the curious stages of this right now seeing if there is support/a need to have a different type of platform.
6. If the site's good, definitely I'll have to explore with that advertising genius on how we all can EQUALLY be paid. The entire team has to eat if any one of us is eating.
7. I'm not a quitter. If we start we are going to finish until we come to an amicable end.
8. I'm not Trump. I am actually looking forward to suggestions/commentary/feedback
People I'm looking for possibly:
2. People willing to take chances with their writing
3. Humorists willing to tackle any subject at hand
4. Dependability. If you are going to do something, do it! I'll take on time or early please.
5. Can give and take criticism. As writers, sometimes you're too close to the problem and need the fresh eyes.
I really don't want to have the cavalcade of open submissions like some sites where you just register and there you go. I treat good work seriously and not like a paper mill.
Overall, if we get it going, I want something we can be proud of that enhances our personal portfolios and give us a great home like the guys at SCTV feel they had doing that production (if you get the reference and know their history).
Well. Let's discuss. You can thread here or PM me.