Isy Suttie

I'm currently reading, prior to reviewing a copy of Isy's new book 'The Actual One'. It's good so far, although in many ways the style reminds me of a Young Adult book, not that that's a bad thing. Isy's scatty and idiosyncratic humour does shine through though.

I've caught her performances as Dobby in Peep Show and on Radio 4. What do other people think of her? I like her style and she reminds me of a younger Victoria Wood in many ways.

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 15th December 2015, 11:48 AM GMT

I like her style and she reminds me of a younger Victoria Wood in many ways.

That is true of her delivery.

Big Fan of comedy songs, so Victoria Wood is the Queen, but Isy doesn't get there for me, not a bad actress through. I'd say Amy Poehler and Amy Shumer are two massive current femail comic talents worth checking out if you've not already.

How did you get a smily face next to the thread listing ?

Quote: Nick Nockerty @ 15th December 2015, 1:49 PM GMT

That is true of her delivery.

Big Fan of comedy songs, so Victoria Wood is the Queen, but Isy doesn't get there for me, not a bad actress through. I'd say Amy Poehler and Amy Shumer are two massive current femail comic talents worth checking out if you've not already.

How did you get a smily face next to the thread listing ?

Thank you - I shall check them both out, but tend to prefer homegrown talent.

The smiley face icon is an option at the top of a new thread. Saying that, it's getting more and more difficult to find new topics nowadays.

I've now completed the book. I loved it :)

That was quick. Is that all you do all day long - read books? It takes me about 6 months to read a 300 page paperback.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th December 2015, 5:53 PM GMT

That was quick. Is that all you do all day long - read books? It takes me about 6 months to read a 300 page paperback.

It was a double spaced 272 page paperback; plus I'm currently an insomniac Huh?

I saw Isy do her show last night in Aldershot. I was literally doubled-over in laughter very early on and didn't really get a chance to recover. My cheeks were hurting by the end cos of smiling so much. Her humour is exactly up my street.

She was very lovely afterwards and was more than happy to chat about pretty much anything whilst signing books. Took her time with everyone too, so you were never being rushed out for the next person.

Thoroughly recommended if you get the chance.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ 4th February 2016, 3:35 PM GMT

I saw Isy do her show last night in Aldershot. I was literally doubled-over in laughter very early on and didn't really get a chance to recover. My cheeks were hurting by the end cos of smiling so much. Her humour is exactly up my street.

She was very lovely afterwards and was more than happy to chat about pretty much anything whilst signing books. Took her time with everyone too, so you were never being rushed out for the next person.

Thoroughly recommended if you get the chance.

Dan

That's brilliant Dan. I'm really glad that she's lovely in real life too.

Isy Suttie?
No He's Sweep.

*Milks applause, high fives front row & leaves thread

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 15th December 2015, 11:48 AM GMT

...she reminds me of a younger Victoria Wood in many ways.

Wouldn't that be the younger Victoria Wood? Don't you remember her?

Maybe she means that bunch of trees in SW1.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 4th February 2016, 9:01 PM GMT

Wouldn't that be the younger Victoria Wood? Don't you remember her?

Typical Wimsett response.

Quote: Chappers @ 4th February 2016, 11:17 PM GMT

Maybe she means that bunch of trees in SW1.

Near the 'Tramps' Triangle' (piece of ground bordering New Scotland Yard.)