Armchair warriors

INTERNAL LIVING ROOM - HUSBAND AND WIFE CHATTING.

Wife: They are rioting in Downing Street because them Tory bastards won the election.

Husband: How do you know that?

Wife: My friends are posting about it on Facebook.

Husband: Good enough for the bastards they ruined this country, it's about time we stood up to them.

Wife: People are camping outside, there's a picture here of a woman chaining herself to a fence.

Husband: Something needs to be done we can't have another five years of cuts and austerity.

Wife: Hey why don't we go up there and join the protestors? I got a few old bras' I could burn; it looks like they'll be there for a while.

Husband: Are you serious?

Wife: Yes, why not we could drive up there tonight. People power.

Husband: Not tonight love, Britain's got Talent is on in a bit and I want to see that dance group they are all talking about.

Wife: What about tomorrow? I'll make some banners and we can drive up after breakfast.

Husband: Oh no I want to watch Eastenders, see how Kat and Alfie got off after winning the lottery.

Wife: Oh yes we can't miss that. Lucky cow.

Husband: Maybe I'll write a status on Facebook later about how disgusted I am with the Tories winning the election.

Wife: Yes I'll write one too.

END

Sounds like you're making a point but the sketch really needs more jokes. Saying that people complain about things but take little action isn't exactly a novel observation (not that it's a bad observation, just that it isn't enough to sustain a sketch).

Also, the lack of punctuation made it harder to read - it stopped the dialogue from flowing as well as it should.

Thanks for the feedback, yes you are right it is more of an observational thing than a funny sketch. I'm not great at punctuation or grammar so will never fix that bit.

Thanks again

I found it perfectly easy to read and understand, Carlos, so no worries on that front. You do need a twist or an exaggeration of some sort, though, bercause at the moment you're just repeating a well-worn point.

Cheers Gappy, that's a good point I will have a think how I can spice it up a bit.