My Good Woman

'My Good Woman' starred Leslie Crowther & Sylvia Syms and ran from 1972-1974.

I was too young at the time to have seen this when it was originally transmitted, but it's one I would like to see given the chance. Leslie Crowther & Sylvia Syms make an interesting pairing.

I'm disappointed to see that this sitcom is not available on DVD or even on YouTube. I really hope that one day this may get released on DVD.

If any members had seen this when it first aired I would be most interested to hear your thoughts on what seems a forgotten sitcom.

I too would like to see this show on DVD. It was made by ATV so there might be a chance that Network might release in the future. I'm lucky enough to have the short special in my collection but getting hold of the rest of the series seems impossible. According to the LostShows.com website the archive contains 36 half hour episodes out of the original 38. Series 1-4 only now survives in black and white film prints and Series 5 has 2 episodes lost with the remainder in the original colour format.

Is it ever likely that this will be released on DVD?

Incredibly difficult to say how likely it might be, but I'd think it's very possible. Some good names attached - although one episode appears to be missing.

If you haven't already, do write to Network and request it.

I wondered why Jon Pertwee referred to Leslie Crowther as "My Good Woman".