Three Up, Two Down Page 2

Great to see this sitcom up to its final episode. I don't think Series 4 has ever been repeated on either BBC1 or BBC2.

Not entirely sure about the ending, though. OK, Daphne voluntarily makes an advance to kiss Sam properly for the first time, but does that necessarily indicate that the relationship will develop further still, where they tie the knot? Maybe they should have ended it like they did with To the Manor Born, i.e. with their Wedding Day.

BTW, I enquired further about whether those episode titles of Series 4 are officially from the BBC or not, and they told me that as the Radio Times TV Listings website get all their programme information directly from the BBC (where they used the episode titles we are all familiar with), according to the BBC spokesperson who replied to me, they are official episode titles provided by the BBC. Why the BBC Episode Guide chose not to use those Series 4 episode titles, and instead just showed 'Episode 1', 'Episode 2' etc, is unclear. Make of this what you will.

I have seen, in the past, the BBC adopting episode titles for programmes without officially-supplied titles, that had been made up by fans. Perhaps in this case that is what happened here: the BBC listings people supplied fan-made titles to the RT and/or others to keep up the standard from the past three series, whilst the BBC Programmes website continued to use the real original official data that is held in the BBC's databases.

Incidentally, my own TV guide - also using data from the BBC - did not give titles for Series 4 episodes.

Upon viewing 30 years after its initial broadcast its interesting to note that even then the BBC was left wing in its stance - as there are snide comments about the then Tory Govt and unemployment!

After a lot of searching I managed to track down the filming location of the main house as well as some other scenes. https://jharding.co.uk/three-up-two-down-filming-locations/

This one was quite a mission to track down in the end.

Excellent work! Lovely looking spot.