New Radio 4 comedy

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts about the new batch of comedy currently on Radio 4. Click on any of the titles to re-listen to the last show...

15 Minute Musical

Armando Iannucci's Charm Offensive

The Castle

Meanwhile with the Bearded Ladies

Recorded for Training Purposes

Self-Storage

I've only been listening to Armando's show so far, which I love.

But I am planning to listen to Self Storage at some point, if only to hear lovely Reece Shearmith.

I've never really got into radio comedy before but this thread prompted me to have a listen. I think I'll listen to more.

You asked for views:

15 Minute Musical: Really great, very witty. I was impressed with how many good lines were crammed in. I had to listen twice to catch everything.

Armando Iannucci's Charm Offensive: Not really my cup of tea. They all seemed a bit smug and thought that saying wacky things makes them funny.

The Castle: Not listened to this one yet, it is next on the list.

Meanwhile with the Bearded Ladies: Not bad but as I missed the others it is hard to judge.

Recorded for Training Purposes: If this has been written by people in training then respect to them. Not bad.

Self-Storage: Not heard yet. Will listen to later today.

Quote: AnsonMan @ September 22, 2007, 10:38 AM

Armando Iannucci's Charm Offensive: Not really my cup of tea. They all seemed a bit smug and thought that saying wacky things makes them funny.

Armando Iannucci smug? Get out of town Laughing out loud

Welcome to the BSG AnsonMan Wave

Adam