A 5-min animation about a wolf who gets pissed on

Sort of...(Happy New Year!)

SCENE 1. A WOOD SOMEWHERE. DAY

CREDITS song (to tune similar to Moon Pig): Piss Wolf, Piiiiss Wolf, cos if you piss on a wolf it'll get angry (whispered) Piss Wolf.

Meanwhile, PISS WOLF - a wolf - sleeps on the forest floor.

Unidentifiable legs appear in the foreground and a stream of piss emanates from the crotch area of said legs (off screen), splashing on to and slowly soaking PISS WOLF.

The unidentifiable legs walk away as the song comes to a close.

PISSWOLF wakes up with a start, jumps to his feet and prances uncomfortably down a forest lane.

PISSWOLF - Wah! What the...f**king...argh, oh it's horrible, oh...eeeeeeeeuuuurgh....

PISSWOLF stops in front of the shack of DUCK - a duck, mostly, although both legs, one wing and an eyeball have been gnawed off over the years during previous altercations. He wears a waistcoat.

DUCK's home is a ramshackle of bits of wood, animal skeletons, mud and various detritus.

DUCK opens his door and leans awkwardly against the post on his one good leg as he watched PISS WOLF.

PISSWOLF - ...I'm a f**king wolf...who pisses on a f**king wolf?! You repulsive little ingrate...you....eeeeewww.....

DUCK - Wolf!

PISSWOLF - ....I'll get you for this you...shitting...

DUCK - Wolf!

PISSWOLF - ...I've got big sharp teeth and I'll f**king...take you to court...it's indecent!

DUCK reaches inside his shack and picks up an aubergine, with which he hits PISSWOLF over the head again and again.

PISS WOLF - ...argh! Oh you horrible creature. Ow, no. Not the...stop the aubergine, I don't like the aubergine.

PISSWOLF bats the aubergine away.

DUCK - What's your problem?

PISSWOLF - I got pissed on.

DUCK - Well don't just whine, piss right back at them, that's how the wood works.

PISSWOLF - I don't know who they are, I was asleep!

DUCK leans back into his shack, within which a poster board is pinned full of notes and a map. The map has a dotted-line journey scrawled on it leading to an X, the notes say:

GET TO X

SHIT, NO LEGS

RIDE DUMB ANIMAL THERE

DUCK snatches the map and folds into his waistcoat pocket.

DUCK - I'll help you find them, Wolf.

PISSWOLF - Oh alright, cool.

CUT TO:

SCENE 2. LANE IN WOOD. DAY

DUCK stares at his map, riding PISSWOLF, who is still dripping in piss.

DUCK - Just a little further...

PISSWOLF suddenly stops, alarm in his eyes.

Alarm

Alarm

Alarm

DUCK - What? Oh for f**k's sake.

Ahead of PISSWOLF is an abandoned hoover.

DUCK - What is it about those things?

PISSWOLF freezes and trembles.

DUCK - Wolf? Woooolf?

DUCK takes a boomerang out of his waistcoat and throws it.

DUCK - Go on. Fetch.

PISSWOLF - You know, that's really patronising. This isn't the 19th century, things have moved on, man...

The boomerang comes back with a wolf hanging on to it by the teeth. DUCK catches it and shakes it to throw the wolf off.

PISSWOLF (to OTHER WOLF) - It's wolves like you who hold us all back.

OTHER WOLF hangs his head, then starts to sniff the piss on PISSWOLF.

PISSWOLF - Oh come on, man, it's not mine, ok?

OTHER WOLF's tail flicks up and he stands erect.

PISSWOLF - What? You know whose piss this is?

OTHER WOLF nods his head.

PISSWOLF - You know where I can find him?

OTHER WOLF nods his head.

PISSWOLF - Let's go!

The wolves run past the hoover, barking and growling at it in a frenzy as they go.

DUCK - Idiots...

CUT TO:

SCENE 3. LANE IN WOOD. DAY

The wolves and DUCK come to a fork in the road.

DUCK - Wait! Stop!

The wolves comes to a halt and DUCK rolls of PISSWOLF's back. He rolls himself himself ahead of the pack and sniffs at the ground, then looks down one of the lanes.

PISSWOLF - What are you...?

DUCK - Shh!

DUCK stares down the lane.

DUCK - We nearly walked straight into an allegory...

At the end of the lane, pigs, horses, sheep and dogs stand motionless and blinking next to a barn with 'THE RULES' painted on the side.

CUT TO:

SCENE 4. CLEARING IN THE WOODS. DAY

The wolves and DUCK come towards a clearing.

OTHER WOLF barks and tries to lead the group to the right.

DUCK pulls some meat out of his waistcoat to distract him.

PISSWOLF - What was that?

DUCK - He says straight ahead.

PISSWOLF - That's an odd thing to say out of the blue.

DUCK puts the meat in front of PISSWOLF to distract him.

PISSWOLF walks into the clearing, staring at the meat.

DUCK leaps off PISSWOLF and rolls on the floor.

DUCK - Yes! Yes! Finally!

PISSWOLF - We found him? Where?

DUCK rolls toward a piece of bread on the floor.

DUCK - Bread! Bread!

DUCK pecks at the bread greedily.

PISSWOLF - Oh is there some bread? I'm hungry.

DUCK - F**k you! My bread!

DUCK continues pecking.

PISSWOLF - Well, can I have that meat now?

DUCK continues pecking.

PISSWOLF - Can we keep moving?

DUCK continues pecking.

PISSWOLF - I'm cold because of the piss.

DUCK - Shut up! F**k you! You're ruining the bread! F**k you! I've waited years for my f**king bread, it's my f**king bread!

DUCK pulls a gun from his waistcoat and shoots both wolves dead.

DUCK - That was impulsive.

DUCK falls over.

PISSWOLF song plays again over credits.

END

Why don't you send it to Disney? I'm sure they'd be interested.

I'd like it better if it featured an inchworm that measured marigolds.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 31st December 2014, 11:10 PM GMT

I'd like it better if it featured an inchworm that measured marigolds.

Noted.

I'm so making this by the way...

If you're making this, how are you doing so?

I've not read the whole script BTW. Will later and will comment.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 1st January 2015, 11:15 AM GMT

If you're making this, how are you doing so?

I've not read the whole script BTW. Will later and will comment.

I'll animate it or get someone else to animate it. TBF, this is one of those that I'm going to think is funny but very few (or no one) else will so I'd sort of be doing it for me, so I might just animate myself.

Quote: sglen @ 1st January 2015, 1:16 PM GMT

This is one of those that I'm going to think is funny but very few (or no one) else will so I'd sort of be doing it for me

This could well be the case. There wasn't much in the script that appealed to me. That's not saying that it wouldn't work if you or someone else animated it. If you get the style right it could be enjoyable.

My opinion anyway.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 1st January 2015, 5:41 PM GMT

This could well be the case. There wasn't much in the script that appealed to me. That's not saying that it wouldn't work if you or someone else animated it. If you get the style right it could be enjoyable.

My opinion anyway.

No problem :)

I kind of enjoyed it, but I fear it's better in the imagination than it could be on screen. I think the funniest part was repeatedly reading the name PISSWOLF - the capitals made it funnier! Laughing out loud

Quote: gappy @ 1st January 2015, 6:37 PM GMT

I kind of enjoyed it, but I fear it's better in the imagination than it could be on screen. I think the funniest part was repeatedly reading the name PISSWOLF - the capitals made it funnier! Laughing out loud

Ha, yeah. I was actually just thinking about this. I think it looks gorgeous in my head but on screen it might be a bit empty. I don't mind the apparent randomness of the story structure particularly, but I think it would have more substance if I massively exaggerated the characters (made the wolf a lot more pompous, made the duck a lot more sociopathic), and let the dialogue follow that. The dialogue is completely throwaway at the moment because I just quickly chucked it down on the page. Still something I like about this, though - possibly the song, tbh... - so I'm going to keep it for a redraft.

Quote: Yacob Wingnut @ 1st January 2015, 5:41 PM GMT

My opinion anyway.

I agree I didn't get the joke and the dialogue felt a little didactic and static.

Quote: sootyj @ 2nd January 2015, 10:59 AM GMT

didactic

I had to look that up...which is ironic now I know the meaning of the word... :P