The non-cliquey pop music thread. Page 9

What's the difference between a fast craftsman and the singer of Shake It Off? One is a swift taylor, and the other is total and utter f**king shit.

Having read my Sunday paper yesterday, I realise that Taylor Swift and Britney Spears are two different people.

What does Taylor Swift do when she spills water on the tablecloth? Shake it off. And I cleaned that one up.

I am listening to Joy Division, Closer. It is total and utter f**king shit. F**k me, do you moan, groan, gripe, whine and whinge, you boring c**t! F**k me, I thought I was grumpy, you make Sylvia Plath sound like Baby Spice. Thank f**k you didn't make a third f**king album or we'd all be hanging ourselves. F**k you, you tedious, two-timing, still-thinks-Nazism-is-cool-didn't-f**king-work-for-Enoch-f**king-Powell asshole! Without you, Gillian Gilbert would still be on the f**king dole where she f**king belongs!

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 21st December 2022, 8:34 PM

I am listening to Joy Division, Closer. It is total and utter f**king shit. F**k me, do you moan, groan, gripe, whine and whinge, you boring c**t! F**k me, I thought I was grumpy, you make Sylvia Plath sound like Baby Spice. Thank f**k you didn't make a third f**king album or we'd all be hanging ourselves. F**k you, you tedious, two-timing, still-thinks-Nazism-is-cool-didn't-f**king-work-for-Enoch-f**king-Powell asshole! Without you, Gillian Gilbert would still be on the f**king dole where she f**king belongs!

And you keep on listening to them.

He is right to be fair.

Closer is mostly bollocks

Someone in the Daily Mail's Questions and Answers asked was Abbey Road Studio named after the Beatles album. Initially I thought what a ridiculous question but then I thought I suppose if you don't know it's not stupid.

I recently discovered the joys of Prefab Sprout's album Steve McQueen. Heavenly music.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th December 2022, 7:31 PM

Someone in the Daily Mail's Questions and Answers asked was Abbey Road Studio named after the Beatles album. Initially I thought what a ridiculous question but then I thought I suppose if you don't know it's not stupid.

Bless

Quote: Ben @ 30th December 2022, 5:48 PM

I recently discovered the joys of Prefab Sprout's album Steve McQueen. Heavenly music.

TODAY IN MUSIC HISTORY
Whenever the f**k it was, Prefab Sprout release 'Cars and Girls', an attack on Bruce Springsteen. The Sprouts have every right to do this, for they will far outstrip Springsteen in commercial and critical acclaim, consistency of live performances, and not having a stupid f**king name in the first place. For f**k's sake Paddy, it's like John Merrick saying Cameron Diaz ain't sexy enough. F**k you, you cosmically arrogant, mind-f**kingly self-obsessed, hopelessly deluded little f**ker. Really. F**k you. No joke coming. Just f**k you.

Presume you watched Mel C in her very short dress on the BBC New Year's Eve show last night?

Yes and I don't know what came over me.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st January 2023, 10:33 AM

Presume you watched Mel C in her very short dress on the BBC New Year's Eve show last night?

I'm seeing her at the end of the month.

Give her my regards.
I had an argument with Cliff Richard. We don't talk any more.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th December 2022, 7:31 PM

Humble pie eating time! There was me sneering at a stupid question that everyone knows the answer to. Well somebody answered today.

Apparently the studios were only named Abbey Road studios in 1976. Opening in 1931 they were originally known as the EMI Recording studios.