Only Connect Page 2

Warning, they do have sports questions...

Quote: Nogget @ 20th November 2014, 7:19 PM GMT

It's quite a difficult game to play along with, unless you have a couple of smart friends with you to brainstorm with.

It's all to do with lateral thinking - as with cryptic crosswords, not being taken in by the obvious. :)

Quote: zooo @ 20th November 2014, 7:30 PM GMT

I occasionally guess a few of the ones where they miss out the letters. That's about it!
I don't even know the names of the tile thingies. Lion, eye, reeds, and er... the others.

Yes, the first few series had Greek symbols for the "tiles", but then they went over to Egyptian hieroglyphs for some reason a couple/three/four years ago - no explanation. :S

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 20th November 2014, 8:02 PM GMT

Not from me. ;)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th November 2014, 8:05 PM GMT

It's all to do with lateral thinking - as with cryptic crosswords, not being taken in by the obvious. :)

Yes, but it's also all to do with having a couple of Oxbridge-calibre people with you to bounce ideas off, which I'll wager the average viewer lacks.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 20th November 2014, 8:02 PM GMT

I've just been sick in my mouth.

Quote: Nogget @ 20th November 2014, 8:35 PM GMT

Yes, but it's also all to do with having a couple of Oxbridge-calibre people with you to bounce ideas off, which I'll wager the average viewer lacks.

Well, there is that, and it is probably why having Stephen and Bamber on the settee with me that I get so many of them. Pleased

Hmm, what's the connection?

What's the Connection?

From last night's Only Connect................

Are they getting bigger or is that my fertile filthy mind?

Laughing out loud

Wonderful isn't it. Lucky David.

Yes indeed!! Do you think he might consider putting on a Peep Show for us? :P

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th November 2014, 7:04 PM GMT

What's the Connection?

From last night's Only Connect................

For GB

At last! Another one of my Connections appeared this week. 4 more to go, and I wonder if mine are so devious that they are saving them for the latter stages or even the final? :D

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th November 2014, 7:04 PM GMT

What's the Connection?

You know, I do believe they are...but just to be sure, I'll have to watch some more :)

YES! I made the final :D

For those who might have watched it, mine was the connection of the four only Whig US Presidents, and neither team got it.

Preen, preen........... Cool

Missed the show - but I'll be sure to watch it on 'catch-up'
I'm a big fan.

Once again, well done. Must have been a great thrill to have a connection in the final.

Thank you Stephen........... Yes, made my evening. :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05ps17q/only-connect-series-10-27-orienteers-v-chessmen