Pete Doherty

Thoughts, please.

What does this guy actually have to do to get locked up? He must have been in court a dozen times this year alone, and with news yesterday that he's got one of his five-month old kittens addicted to crack, I've just lost any patience or tolerance I might have had towards him. I used to be pretty much indifferent to be honest, but it's at best just plain boring now.

As far as his talent goes, well, I think he's probably an alright lyricist - not brilliant, not God-awful - but otherwise is lacking. Admittedly I'm not a huge fan of his kind of music though.

I really love his music. Mostly with the Libertines, but some of his other stuff too. I actually think he has the potential to be one of the greats, musically.
And deep down when I've watched him in (sober) interviews he seems like a very sensitive, intelligent person.
But he's such a TOSSER at the moment.

If he sorted himself out, I'd love him. But I dont have the patience or tolerance until then!

Still, I don't pay attention to the tabloid stuff though. It's not his fault we have to read about him every single bloody day.

Very true. And admittedly the thing about the cat - with pictures! - was in The Sun. But then, aside from yesterday when I spotted the headline on the train, I never read tabloids. He's even on the BBC main news programmes! The guy really needs to be locked up, for his own good even if no one else's.

The Libertines might just be my favourite band, I don't care for babyshambles that much though. I think he does need to get off drugs then maybe the paparazzi might stop following him. Dirty pretty things are cool but thats Carl.

Can we lock him up in rehab though?
Prison's not very nice. Apparently.

Why do celebs only go to rehab for about a week? Amy Winehouse did the same. Normal people go for like 4 months.

Yeah, the trouble with rehab is that you have to pay for it, so they can leave whenever they decide it's too tough. Also, rehab isn't exactly a punishment. Whatever the way one may want to get him off the drugs, he's still been committing crimes left, right and centre, and shouldn't have all these special considerations just because he's rich and/or famous.

In any case, don't they have gyms, Sky TV, pool tables, and all sort of other activities in prisons? He could use some of that. Especially the gym. Especially the weights. He's going to snap one day.

But he's very little, and quite pretty. So he should get let off going to prison.

I really should be Prime Minister.

P.S. The crimes are however, just drug related. He's not robbing old ladies and punching children in the face or anything. He's only a danger to himself (and possibly the odd kitten) so I don't think he needs punishing, just a good stern talking to from his mum or something.

Laughing out loud

I've got to say, I am impressed with his personality when he appears on something like Wossy, he doesn't appear arrogant or anything like that, quite the opposite in fact.

But he is a f**king mess, I don't care for his music,, but I don't think it's bad and as mentioned, he's just boring and irritating now.

Quote: Aaron @ September 8, 2007, 11:28 AM

Very true. And admittedly the thing about the cat - with pictures! - was in The Sun. But then, aside from yesterday when I spotted the headline on the train, I never read tabloids. He's even on the BBC main news programmes! The guy really needs to be locked up, for his own good even if no one else's.

"I spotted the headline on the train..." ;)

It's OK to read the tabloids, Aaron, don't worry!

Pete Doherty is quite talented I reckon ... the stuff in the 'meejah' is just noise on the wires.

IMO, if he has broken any laws he should suffer the same punishment as any non-famous person would.

I think aslong as hes only endangering his own health then he shouldn't be sent to jail. Theres too amny people in jail anyway and also it really annoys Daily Mail readers that he hasn't be sent to jail. Anything that annoys Daily Mail readers must be a good thing by default.

An alternative view is that there aren't enough jails to hold all the criminals who ought to be there. Build some more!

If Pete Doherty has broken a law that usually receives a prison sentence then he should be sent to jail, irrespective of what Daily Mail readers may think.

He shouldn't be sent to jail for being a tosser though, as that ain't illegal... yet

If you're tossing off to kids, it is.

Not if they're only in your imagination though, I would imagine.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ September 8, 2007, 1:25 PM

I would imagine.

Nothing surprises me about you Rage.