CARPOOLERS already jumping the shark

from imdb.com

"Ugly Betty star Rebecca Romijn is set to star in an episode of her new husband Jerry O'Connell's TV show "Carpoolers", according to reports. TV network E! reports Romijn will play O'Connell's character Laird's ex-wife, named "Joannifer." O'Connell appeared in an episode of Romijn's show Ugly Betty earlier this year."

Joannifer. Can't you just smell the comedy?

Laughing out loud

-Erik

It does sound terrible.

Bizarrely I read a script for a british sitcom called 'Carpoolers' that was sent in to a production company recently by a hopeful writer. The covering letter read 'There's never been a sitcom about carpoolers on tv...'. She must be pretty gutted.

You should tell her to do a sitcom about people commuting on the tube. Or on a double decker bus. Or on a commuter plane....

Quote: Erik @ September 5, 2007, 11:59 PM

You should tell her to do a sitcom about people commuting on the tube.

That would just involve boiling to death.

Laughing out loud Don't you just hate commuter planes? Mine's at the garage at the moment.

Quote: Aaron @ September 6, 2007, 12:04 AM

That would just involve boiling to death.

:) I guess that could be funny...nah.

Wasn't there a sketch show on BBC3 this year all about commuting to work? Unfortunately, like so much of BBC3's output, I've already forgotten the title.

There was one called Rush Hour or something similar. Not strictly just commuting, but travelling.

Quote: Aaron @ September 6, 2007, 1:23 PM

There was one called Rush Hour or something similar. Not strictly just commuting, but travelling.

TWO MEN SAT IN A CAR, STUCK IN A TRAFFIC JAM.

MAN 1: I've got a great idea for a show.

MAN 2: Yeah, what?

MAN 1: This.

MAN 2: What do you mean, "This"?

MAN 1: This right here, this is the show.

MAN 2: What? That's not a show.

MAN 1: No it is, just think about it. Everyone gets stuck traffic.

MAN 2: Yeah?

MAN 1: There you go.

MAN 2: Man 1?

MAN 1: Yeah?

MAN 2: Let's do it.

And the rest they say is... crap.

Might work if Coogan did it?

Or better still, Gervais?

As long as there's a cat in the passenger seat or summink.