The sci-fi thread

I tried watching Blakes 7 the other night, but I just couldn't get into it. Maybe it's because I was tired. May give it another go.

Never seen Blake 7. Or Sapphire & Steele. These are just two examples of classic brit sci-fi shows that I have never seen.

Stargate: Atlantis was the last sci-fi show I fell in love with. Just like Firefly, it was cancelled before it's time. Teary

Not much to choose from at the moment, but for some reason I'm watching Almost Human, it suffers terribly in all sorts of departments, but Karl Urban is the lead and he is awesome.

Blakes 7 and Sapphire & Steel were/are fab shows. Well worth it. I recently redisovered The Flipside of Dominic Hide. Sci-fi *and* A Play for Today!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 11th January 2014, 8:21 PM GMT

Stargate: Atlantis was the last sci-fi show I fell in love with. Just like Firefly, it was cancelled before it's time. Teary

Not much to choose from at the moment, but for some reason I'm watching Almost Human, it suffers terribly in all sorts of departments, but Karl Urban is the lead and he is awesome.

Stargate Atlantis, it didn't even have McGyver in it.

Stargate Universe was pretty good, but was killed for being to blatant a BSG rip off.

Quote: sootyj @ 11th January 2014, 8:28 PM GMT

Stargate Atlantis, it didn't even have McGyver in it.

Stargate Universe was pretty good, but was killed for being to blatant a BSG rip off.

I never realised the British Sitcom Guide was so influential.

Shows like Stargate always seem a bit ho-hum to me. Fringe was mostly pretty good. I see ads for something called 'Helix' that's starting on Five soone, from one of the people behind Battlestar Galactica.

Quote: Ben @ 11th January 2014, 8:18 PM GMT

I tried watching Blakes 7 the other night, but I just couldn't get into it. Maybe it's because I was tired. May give it another go.

It's concept was just way, way to hight for it's budget which less even than Dr Who.

So it was just painfully silly, slow moving and dependent on script it couldn't live upto.

Falling Skies on 5 star at the mo, not a bad little show, good fx, some good stories and buckets of violence, bit syrupy at times.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ 11th January 2014, 8:25 PM GMT

I recently redisovered The Flipside of Dominic Hide. Sci-fi *and* A Play for Today!

I love that. Such a charming little play.

Quote: Ben @ 11th January 2014, 8:33 PM GMT

I love that. Such a charming little play.

Tis that. The sequel is on the same disc. Which I must watch, at some point.

Quantum Leap. That was good. I imagine they'll reboot that thing soon.

>_< F**k me Ben (not literally Errr ) what have you done, man?! Expect the site to crash in about two hours. :S

Quote: sootyj @ 11th January 2014, 8:30 PM GMT

It's concept was just way, way to hight for it's budget which less even than Dr Who.

So it was just painfully silly, slow moving and dependent on script it couldn't live upto.

*shakes head and does disagreeing*

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 11th January 2014, 8:39 PM GMT

>_< F**k me Ben (not literally Errr ) what have you done, man?! Expect the site to site to crash in about two hours. :S

Let's f**k shit up!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ 11th January 2014, 8:37 PM GMT

Tis that. The sequel is on the same disc. Which I must watch, at some point.

I'd advise you not to watch it.

It was not good telly.