The Sketch Show U.S Version

They have this on YouTube in eight minute increments. Considering it's called The Kelsey Grammer Sketch Show he's hardly in it. They might as well have called it The Lee Mack Sketch Show.

There's one sketch that I haven't seen which apparently paradies The New Bob Newheart Show, when Kelsey wakes up and says, "I had this dream Frasier had finished."

I know it's a bit old now and it was cancelled after four episodes, but does anyone else think it's better than the UK one? And why did they use the same sketches?

I've watched them.
Some of the sketches are better than the UK version, but overall I think they're about the same quality.

It is weird seeing the exact same sketches with different people though.

Lee Mack is ace.
I may add that to my signature so I can more easily say it in every post I make...

Quote: Dave @ August 31, 2007, 3:27 PM

Considering it's called The Kelsey Grammer Sketch Show he's hardly in it.

It was actually called Kelsey Grammer Presents: The Sketch Show, which is a bit less suggestive that he'd be in it. I've never seen it so am not sure, but I was lead to believe that he had seen it in the UK and wanted to bring it to the US audience, so he produced and introduced (?) the re-make? Something like that anyway.

In regards to sketches, I've found that a lot of UK -> US (and vice versa) shows are just slight rewrites of the original material. I guess they go for a) the cheapest option, and b) the notion that it works so it shouldn't be changed.