Oh No It's Selwyn Froggitt Page 2

Strange that this series I have just finished watching (and just reviewed) in my DVD box set rotation, should fizzle out in a similar fashion to "Not on Your Nellie", which also went down hill with the final 4th series.

Up until then, it had been a nice subtle funny sitcom, with the lovable Bill Maynard playing the title character, being a walking/cycling disaster area and the butt of jokes in a working men's club in the sleepy Yorkshire village of Scarsdale, but Selwyn usually had the last laugh, as he baffles them with his knowledge gained from reading his "bible", The Times newspaper.

I suppose there's only so much you can do with that scenario, but they then made the mistake of moving him out of there, to become the Entertainments Manager at an abysmal poorly run "holiday camp", and so all his club mates and his family were consigned to the waste bin, as he goes it alone in this final fourth series. It's little surprise that this retitled last series of "Selwyn" should be allowed to die, never to be heard of again - sadly.

So, another box set finished

Said so in The Times.

Quote: Aaron @ 31st January 2022, 10:14 AM

"Said so in The Times,...........

".......our Maurice"

Dunno what came over me - had an urge to finish it. ?

Coming soon to Forces TV-starts on Monday 11th April.

I'll try one episode for nostalgia purposes
I can still hum the theme tune

Oh never mind

Magic