Love Thy Neighbour (film)

Love Thy Neighbour took its turn in 1973. Starring the same cast as the popular TV show it produced some hilarious moments, some of which would almost certainly not make it to film or TV today, it took an already contraversial subject (race) and pushed it to it's limits. However once again both characters get equal points. Who can forget Bill pretending he was turning back to the ways of the jungle, just as Eddie had always taunted him and putting Eddie in that pot with those vegetables, classic comedy. then to keep it even when Eddie's Mother comes home late his reaction is to blame Bill who he claims he's ate her.

I love this movie and what do you think of this film?

I enjoyed the series 1-7 as a whole, but I have just seen the film, and I am sorry to say I thought it was utter tripe.

Thanks, so I won't bother then. The show is ok although I could do without the horrible expression 'nig nog'.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 5th May 2015, 9:12 PM BST

Thanks, so I won't bother then. The show is ok although I could do without the horrible expression 'nig nog'.

Yes, it's a pity because as well the main cast you have a great supporting cast,in Patricia Hayes, Arthur English, Bill Pertwee and James Beck to name a few, but weren't given decent roles in this film imo, apart from Patricia Hayes I suppose. It just could have been so much better.

Quote: Stephen Ryder @ 5th May 2015, 9:50 PM BST

James Beck

:O Must have been one of his final roles.

Is the movie a remake of one or two episodes or does it have its own plot?