Cook and Moore. The Best ever double act ? Discuss

Can't think of better myself.

Though a distant 2nd or 3rd, watched " A bit of Fry and Laurie " last night..Very funny.

I'm too young to know these guys, although I know of them. From what I've seen, I'm not too interested in seeing anymore.

I don't think they're bad, just not my cup of tea. Although I do enjoy the odd cameo appearance I've seen from Cook.

My favourite double act? Vic and Bob. Not all comedy has to be clever or witty, as long as I'm laughing and amazed by the imagination, then I'm happy.

Yep, cook and moore; it doesnt get any better as far as Im concerned.

Now this really will be an age thing.

20 something 'aspiring comics' saying " I haven't really seen much of Cook " is like a Christian saying, " I don't know too much about Jesus but...."

To be fair, most Christians don't know much about Jesus, most of them think he was white.

He was and he sounded just like Julian Clary....Man down pub told me.

Not sure what pubs you visit, but it sounds like wishful thinking to me.

I've seen quite a bit of Cook and Moore, and they are great, and I can totally see why they (and some of their contemporaries) changed the world of comedy and all that.

But I prefer Fry & Laurie, and Vic & Bob, and even Lee & Herring, myself. In those pairings there isn't a straight man, they're both equally hilarious and talented, where I think maybe Cook carried Moore a lot.
Cook by himself is a flipping genius.

No I disagree, Moore had his moments. But next to Cook he didn't stand a chance.

And yes Vic and Bob are a close Number 2.

Quote: Kent Pete @ August 18, 2007, 10:52 PM

Now this really will be an age thing.

20 something 'aspiring comics' saying " I haven't really seen much of Cook " is like a Christian saying, " I don't know too much about Jesus but...."

This has really pissed me off by the way, how can you afford to be so patronizing, from all the way down there?

meh. I dunno em, I know me, I must be funnier by simple transfer

This has really pissed me off by the way, how can you afford to be so patronizing, from all the way down there?

Down where sunshine, I don't get yer ??

Quote: Leevil @ August 18, 2007, 10:55 PM

To be fair, most Christians don't know much about Jesus, most of them think he was white.

I know!

Quote: Kent Pete @ August 18, 2007, 11:29 PM

Down where sunshine, I don't get yer ??

Not surprised, granddad.

Love Derek and Clive! Bet you didn't except that from a young girl like me, eh?