The Mindy Project

Mindy Kaling's starring vehicle has just started on E4 and is the first US TV series to a South Asian American as the main star. The show's got a kooky edge and I did find it hard to believe that the Mindy character could be a doctor, but it manages to stay the right side of irritating. It's pretty funny too and, in Ed Weeks, they've got a dark haired David Bussell lookalike on board.

Have you seen any other episodes? I watched the first five or so and drifted away from it, it wasn't working; but now it's on I might give it another look.

I've seen the first two and enjoyed them. Going to watch some more later.

Just tuned in to an episode to find a our hero get a colleague of long standing summarily fired apparently because she found her objectionable and then spend the rest of the episode organising her clothes and her social life.
I didn't even realise she was supposed to be a doctor till I read this thread.
Having an offensive lead isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I have a feeling we are supposed to sympathise with this character.
Though I loved Kelly Kapoor in The US Office, a whole episode full of Mindy (basically the same character) is too much Mindy for me.

A bit 'shrieky' for me. I must be getting old.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ March 29 2013, 12:01 PM GMT

Have you seen any other episodes? I watched the first five or so and drifted away from it, it wasn't working; but now it's on I might give it another look.

This is what happened to me.

Is anyone else still watching this? I wasn't so keen on the first episode, but drifted back to it after missing a few and now I'm slightly obsessed.

I didn't even like her in The Office.

Zero interest and the commercials she's on here make me loathe her even more!

I watched the first episode when it first came out over here on American tele but I had so many other shows on the go I let it slide for a while. I really enjoyed it and glad she has her own show. I'm going to watch the first season over a sad and lonely weekend. I've seen some of Mindy's other work on the US Office and a few movies and what's great about her is that she can put a lot of herself into the characters without it becoming 'Mindy playing Mindy,' if you know what I mean. There's another South-Asian comedian over here currently starring in Parks and Rec called Aziz Ansari and I'm really hoping that he guest stars on the Mindy project (I think the two of them together would be fantastic.)

The New Girl, Mindy, Happy Endings triple bill on Tuesday nights is brilliant. Love them all.

Mindy Project is nice fluffy middle of the road sort of stuff. It's good fun, is a pleasant watch and Mindy Kaling is wonderful.

Quote: zooo @ August 23 2013, 1:17 PM BST

The New Girl, Mindy, Happy Endings triple bill on Tuesday nights is brilliant. Love them all.

Sadly there will be no more Happy Endings. :(

I like Mindy, but I'd put it bottom of those three at the moment.

Yeah, me too. But I still love it.

I will miss Happy Endings. :(

Did it end on an upbeat note?

We have not yet seen Happy Ending's Happy Ending.