What are you watching on TV? Page 577

I saw The Day The Earth Stood Still today. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I was expecting a big overblown, camp effects-fest but it was surprisingly-thoughtful.

And Keanu Reeves played the part of an emotionless, expressionless alien quite well. Funny that.

Ha!

Quote: Lee Henman @ December 17 2008, 10:13 PM GMT

I saw The Day The Earth Stood Still today. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I was expecting a big overblown, camp effects-fest but it was surprisingly-thoughtful.

Is it nothing like the original? The trailer gives the impression that it's not.

Quote: Aaron @ December 17 2008, 10:14 PM GMT

Ha!

Hah indeed! It was also surprisingly cheap...

Quote: Lee Henman @ December 17 2008, 10:13 PM GMT

And Keanu Reeves played the part of an emotionless, expressionless alien quite well. Funny that.

Leave him aloooooooooooooone!

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 17 2008, 10:16 PM GMT

Is it nothing like the original? The trailer gives the impression that it's not.

Nowt like the original at all. GORT looks pretty much the same but he's VERY cool. There's a bit of him here, giving a government man the evil eye. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrW2C5U5eDA

Quote: zooo @ December 17 2008, 10:18 PM GMT

Leave him aloooooooooooooone!

:P

Quote: Lee Henman @ December 17 2008, 10:19 PM GMT

Nowt like the original at all. GORT looks pretty much the same but he's VERY cool. There's a bit of him here, giving a government man the evil eye. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrW2C5U5eDA

Oh, maybe I'll watch it sometime.

Anyone else been watching Evolve on The History Channel? I love these types of shows. Was wondering if anyone can recommend any others I maybe overlooking.

Natural History, Space, Ancient Civilizations are my fave type, not that bothered about war or transport though.

Quote: Leevil @ December 18 2008, 2:01 PM GMT

Anyone else been watching Evolve on The History Channel? I love these types of shows. Was wondering if anyone can recommend any others I maybe overlooking.

Natural History, Space, Ancient Civilizations are my fave type, not that bothered about war or transport though.

You been watching Catastrophe on 4? Very nice CGI and interesting too. It's all on 4OD.

No, but I'll deffo catch up, cheers Moony.

The Graham Norton Show.

Loving Davina's stockings... :D

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 18 2008, 9:39 PM GMT

The Graham Norton Show.

Loving Davina's stockings... :D

I can imagine Ruby has a costume like that.

I bet you can, you dirty old man.

WAYWOTV
I am watching Robson Arms Season 3 episode 5 Mean Girls. Oh shicka does Bobbi get mean.

Laughing out loud
All TV is on repeat now.