What are you watching on TV? Page 1,147

Quote: chipolata @ May 12 2010, 10:50 PM BST

I missed Junior Apprentice. I wasn't sure I could get into it with youths.

It's repeated at the weekend. Not really sure if I want to see a load of young brats arguing the toss.

'Radio Times' Lucas.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 13 2010, 12:34 AM BST

I'm watching Episode 2 of Luther right now.

How the f**k did this piece of shit ever get made?

I didn't bother with this. Looks a bit 'by the numbers'.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 13 2010, 11:36 AM BST

I didn't bother with this. Looks a bit 'by the numbers'.

But he's a cop on the edge who doesn't play by the rules; I for one am excited by such a fresh take on the crime genre.

Just recieved the first disc of series one of Breaking Bad from Love Film; heard a lot of good things about it so I'm hoping it lives up to the hype.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 13 2010, 1:05 PM BST

Just recieved the first disc of series one of Breaking Bad from Love Film; heard a lot of good things about it so I'm hoping it lives up to the hype.

As far as I'm concerned, it's the best show on television at the moment. The current (third) season has been fantastic.

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/484717/flashforward_cancelled.html

Looks like Scrubs has finally been dropped too.

But he's a cop on the edge who doesn't play by the rules; I for one am excited by such a fresh take on the crime genre.

Marc P's taken that formula and done something very fresh with it.
Very fresh.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Breaking Bad. Saw it on Five Usa at the end of last year.

Five Usa then proceeded to show the entire second season on Five Usa just after the first season ended, running it nightly at xmas time. Unfortunately, they didn't bother advertising it and I only became aware of it half way through, the stupid bastards.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 14 2010, 10:08 AM BST

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/484717/flashforward_cancelled.html

FlashForward axed, eh?Bugger. I was enjoying that. That'll be another unresolved cliffhanger ending, then.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 14 2010, 10:39 AM BST

FlashForward axed, eh?Bugger. I was enjoying that.

Never liked it myself.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 14 2010, 10:44 AM BST

Never liked it myself.

Well, I mean, it wasn't one of my utter faves, just filled a gap on a Monday night.

Ulitimately, too many bits of other cult TV shows (and too many well known faces from them).

Some very annoying writing at first, but it was improving.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ May 14 2010, 10:48 AM BST

Some very annoying writing at first, but it was improving.

My favourite bit was when the FBI agents investigating what caused the blackout noticed something along the lines of every crow falling out of the sky dead at exactly the same time as it happened, and one said 'come on, that's just a coincidence'. Uh, wha?! Pretty big coincidence! Good investigative work there! :D

I'm glad I stopped watching at episode 5 now.

The US is constantly cancelling shows. Best to wait a couple of seasons before starting to watch. :D

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 14 2010, 11:04 AM BST

I'm glad I stopped watching at episode 5 now.

Joseph Fiennes very narrow head was offputting too.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 14 2010, 11:08 AM BST

Joseph Fiennes very narrow head was offputting too.

And his bloody accent.

I gave up around the birds too, just got the feeling they didn't know where they were going with it.

Flashforward was weak, good riddance! (was somewhat forced to watch it by family)

I quite enjoyed it and think it improved a lot in later episodes. It would have worked better with a much shorter run.