Dozy and Boil TheProfsniffinals©,episode one TheSt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H79CR97jBe4&feature=share&list=UUc5H9zb9g1tV7kXeQXFQbyw :D Pilot episode we have made.Any advice,feedback would be welcome.Cheers :D

WHY ARE WE SHOUTING???!!

sorry me old mucker,had me ear plugs in :D

Quote: Rubberhead @ November 9 2012, 10:42 PM GMT

would prefer feedback from someone whos actually watched the whole episode,how can you judge it by watching 2 mins??

Would you extend the same grace to a programme you were watching on the telly that you didn't enjoy? Personally, I go looking for something better if my attention isn't grabbed right away. Why stick around for another 28 minutes when you already thought the first 2 were dogshit? It's no different on the internet - if anything you have to work even harder given that your audience's YouTube tab is likely one of a dozen they have open. If you're looking for feedback and people are telling you they're switching off at the two minute mark - you already got your feedback. By shutting people down who don't stick around for the end you're also denying yourself the opportunity for some helpful critique - even if it's as simple as "for God's sake cut down the length of those opening credits!" - it's longer than Dexter's, which is a work of art yet still drags like a bitch.

And for the record, I made it to the 3 minute mark.

well ya missed all the best stuff,i know what ya mean with credits being too long,but this was just an excercise in seeing what we could do with the effects and its mostly ad libbed at beginning,we wrote all the rest of it as you'll notice after the beginning,watch it through and let me know please?

Tell you what, you go back and edit it to a reasonable length, trim out all the fat and make it nice and tight and I promise I'll give you my honest feedback.

and hopefully I can take some positives from being on here,id also like to know if theres anything that does work on it as well,but it,d have to be watched all the way through,its all a learning process for me and il take it all on board :)

like I said this were just a tester,we are guna film the next one after Christmas,and we,ll take everything what we get back off here and tighten it up :)

I watched 15 minutes of it, and the first laugh I had was the barman going down the cellar, I think that was about 10 minutes in.

Getting a 30 minute film down with a story and a plot and the filming and all the editing is no easy task, with work and family and everything else, so well done on that aspect, I can just about manage a 2 minute film.

I think looking at it if I knew you I would have found it funny but that is what you have to get away from, forget about the people who know you they are always going to say it is good, places like this forum are the best way to get proper feedback, but you have to take the rough with the smooth, I have found you will learn from what people say on here (mostly)

I didn't like the idea of the proffesionals parody, it is tiresome and not sure of the name the proffsniffinals, it is a cumbersome name to say, I can see where the sniff bit comes from, but again that is for the boys to laugh at down the pub.

Some of the cuts in the editing were a bit to sudden for me, they didn't gel into one piece.

But like I say well done on getting a 30 minute film down, but as the others say if people don't like what they are watching after 2 minutes they are going to switch off, and that is good enough feedback to take away with you, but as a tester you have done well I would cut it up into little subplots, a short plot in under 5 minutes with as many gags put into it as possible.

thanks for the feedback,its all appreciated good or bad.Will deffo put it to good use when we do more after Christmas,as for the editing we are getting used to it and its all a learning process and hopefully we can take it forward and improve,can I ask if you watched it all?

what we,ve done is all the better stuff is after 15 min mark i.e vicars wife,and vicar on the news etc but yeah it takes a while to get going,we,ll be back new and improved hopefully,and the subplot idea is interesting. thanks :)

Quote: Rubberhead @ November 10 2012, 12:46 PM GMT

thanks for the feedback,its all appreciated good or bad.Will deffo put it to good use when we do more after Christmas,as for the editing we are getting used to it and its all a learning process and hopefully we can take it forward and improve,can I ask if you watched it all?

what we,ve done is all the better stuff is after 15 min mark i.e vicars wife,and vicar on the news etc but yeah it takes a while to get going,we,ll be back new and improved hopefully,and the subplot idea is interesting. thanks :)

No sorry I did not watch it all, I think expecting people to watch it all is a really big ask, if they could not get into it after the first few minutes, I make 2 minute videos and getting people to view them is hard enough. And I know the people on here if they watch it for more than 2 minutes and offer critique that is a good thing.

Most of the editing is good, it is just some parts the viewer has to fill in the gaps, probably due to filming on different days, like I said a 30 minute film is not an easy task to edit.

I watched the trailer.

I watched this fully expecting to hate it and I am slightly disapointed to report I didn't.
It's like watching a monkey make a jigsaw, granted the jigsaw never gets made,there's a lot of shit thrown around and shrieking but its pretty entertaining.
I'd say you're over ambitious in going for half an hours length. Cut it down to 5-7 minute snippets that sort of express the story with out telling the whole thing.

ha ha ha,cheers..i think,will look into that,someone else mentioned that,i think you're the first to watch it right through,any favourite bits?or things you think we've done right? :)

I watched about half 30 minutes is way to ambitious.

I just liked the mumbled dubbing, felt very Vic Reeves.

Get it down to little snippets and yoiu'll be in business.

ha ha ha

doin more after chrimbo and we Will try that cheers:)