HBO Comedies?

We all know about Curb Your Enthusiasm, but are there any other decent HBO comedies? It seems streets ahead in terms of drama (The Sopranos, The Wire, etc) but it's comedy out seems far less impressive.

Flight Of The Conchords! Lucky Louie? Larry Sanders.

HBO use to have Mr Show with Bob & David. It also currently has Entourage I think.

I guess the point I'm making is that if you take Curb and Larry Sanders out of the equation, there comedy output isn't up to much.

Mr Show was bloody brilliant. I haven't seen Lucky Louie but I've heard great things about it.

Quote: Martin Holmes @ July 30, 2007, 12:02 PM

Mr Show was bloody brilliant. I haven't seen Lucky Louie but I've heard great things about it.

Four series of Mr Show which was and is the best sketch show comedy ever made. Larry Sanders is the best Sitcom ever made. So I think they're doing pretty well for comedy. Recently well there has been Extras, Flight of the Conchords, Ali G show but what has really worried me is that they are going to do a show with Matt Lucas and David Walliams so maybe they have gone off the boil.

Band of Brothers!

Quote: David Chapman @ July 30, 2007, 8:11 PM

Band of Brothers!

Wasn't that more slap stick comedy? Yeah their output is great in my humble opinion

What was Dr Katz on?

HBO is more of a drama network.

However, it has had some great shows.

I personally did not like Lucky Louie. Very amature. Bad actors. Yeah..

That Lisa Kudrow thing looked interesting but I couldn't get through the first episode as it was so predictable and boring.

Would Sex and the City be classed as comedy?

Quote: Pilot @ August 2, 2007, 12:34 PM

Would Sex and the City be classed as comedy?

Does that include Sarah Jessica Parker's face?

You have to pay for HBO, that's why the output is better. (And riskier)

Quote: Seefacts @ August 2, 2007, 8:22 PM

You have to pay for HBO, that's why the output is better. (And riskier)

I don't - I've got it on demand.

Shame it's all crap though.