Hello from Mr Uku

Hello.
Mr Uku here, you can call me Gary. Thought I should pop in and say hello to you all while I'm exploring the site.
I'm mostly a writer, although I still make my money in the usual boring way right now.
My claim to fame is that I once wrote a joke for a Channel 4 comedy competition. I didn't win but my joke was nicked by Lee Mack (allegedly) and performed at The Royal Variety.
It died on its arse.
He can keep it.

Anyway, hello.

Hi there Wave

Hello Mr Gary. Welcome. I fancy Chinese for my tea tonight. How about you?

Chinese? On Pork chop night? Mental.

Hi Gary, welcome.
With a name like that this could have been your avatar:

;)

Wave Hello Mr Uku, what comedy do you like?

Hello.
Oh I like all kinds of stuff. Sitcom has always been my main thing, from Dad's Army, through Hi-De-Hi and on to Bottom, Black Books, Spaced and Father Ted.
I'm a huge fan of Spike Milligan and the Pythons too. Also, Vic & Bob (bloody loved Catterick).
I do enjoy stand-up and always fancied the idea of giving it a go, but I've not got the bottle for it. Much safer here behind my word processor letting someone else take the flak for my awful jokes.
In short, I like anything good. Don't care how old or how new it is, if it's funny, I'm there enjoying it.
I blame my dad for introducing me to all the great comedy from before I was born. He would often wake me up in the middle of the night when some of the best comedy was on TV, and take me downstairs to watch. It's thanks to him that I've got such wide and varied comedic tastes.

Quote: Mr Uku @ September 8 2012, 9:36 PM BST

Hello.
Oh I like all kinds of stuff. Sitcom has always been my main thing, from Dad's Army, through Hi-De-Hi and on to Bottom, Black Books, Spaced and Father Ted.
I'm a huge fan of Spike Milligan and the Pythons too. Also, Vic & Bob (bloody loved Catterick).
I do enjoy stand-up and always fancied the idea of giving it a go, but I've not got the bottle for it. Much safer here behind my word processor letting someone else take the flak for my awful jokes.
In short, I like anything good. Don't care how old or how new it is, if it's funny, I'm there enjoying it.
I blame my dad for introducing me to all the great comedy from before I was born. He would often wake me up in the middle of the night when some of the best comedy was on TV, and take me downstairs to watch. It's thanks to him that I've got such wide and varied comedic tastes.

Hello Gary and welcome. I love Spike Milligan, his war memoirs were something my Dad passed on to me. He also used to make me watch Hancock's Half Hour which I believe is comedy genius.

Hope you enjoy your time here.

Wave

Thanks for the nice welcome and can I be cheeky and direct your attention to my jokes for charity plea on this thread - https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/25460/