I don't get South Park - just me?

I just don't find it funny at all.

I've not got a problem with animated or American comedy as a whole - I actually think american dad can be very funny at times, and as infantile and formulaic as family guy is, it used to have its moments.

Oh and the simpsons is probably my favourite television programme of all time.

So, who is with me?

I'm not with you at all. South Park is brilliant, hilarious and very smart. Plus it includes Stan Marsh.

Quote: boskobalaban @ June 18 2012, 11:20 PM BST

So, who is with me?

I love SP but my hearing is not of the best so I do have difficulty picking up all the words.

Quote: boskobalaban @ June 18 2012, 11:20 PM BST

I just don't find it funny at all.

I've not got a problem with animated or American comedy as a whole - I actually think american dad can be very funny at times, and as infantile and formulaic as family guy is, it used to have its moments.

Oh and the simpsons is probably my favourite television programme of all time.

So, who is with me?

South Park is Canadian I think, so very different than USA humour.

I can't watch it now, their voices have all got deeper and it just sounds weird. The whole thing just feels old, but it's better than Family Guy at least. Whistling nnocently

Canadians do do some things, differently.

They even have a News Program with naked presenters.

http://www.nakednews.com/

*whispers* Bill, South Park isn't Canadian.

Quote: Badge @ June 19 2012, 1:05 AM BST

*whispers* Bill, South Park isn't Canadian.

Oh well... .. Never Mind..

I find Southpark at times still hilarious and it's certainly the most fearless satirical show out there bar none.

But its lost something. Certainly they never replaced Chef and as the animation got better it got less, I dunno dirty?

It also seems to obsess on single issues and having something to say.

I think it's great. It went through a dip a few seasons ago, but it's as funny as ever now.

And I only found out the other day that Peter Serafinowicz played Chef when he returned for his final episode.

Quote: Tursiops @ June 19 2012, 12:21 AM BST

:D

South Park is comfortably high on my list of top comedies. It's a lot cleverer and has a lot more heart than people give it credit for.

Eric Cartman is one of the finest comedy characters ever created and South Park is still one of the sharpest, most satrical social commentaries on modern American life.

In short: it is awesome-tacular.

I like Southpark a lot, but I never seem to watch it that much. It's something I enjoy in a more irregular and sporadic fashion.

Quote: Tursiops @ June 19 2012, 12:21 AM BST

Oddly, one of my biggest fears in life is somebody pointing at me in the street and making a loud howling noise.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 19 2012, 12:45 PM BST

Eric Cartman is one of the finest comedy characters ever created and South Park is still one of the sharpest, most satrical social commentaries on modern American life.

In short: it is awesome-tacular.

Plus it helps that they do an episode per week and not just churn them all out at once. They're by far the most up to date comedy in terms of topical material.