Hi All I need Help Please!

Hi Everyone, Im in need of some help!, Im getting married Dec 12th in Lincolnshire, and decided that we don't want an evening disco but maybe a couple of up and coming comedians. I have been trailing the internet and can't find many and the ones I do find are way to pricey for myself. Here is what im looking for, Either someone to do a couple of 20 mins slots, or two lovely peeps doing half hourish each. Have to say the grand parents would of gone home so would the children,ages will be from 20 to 50. please inbox me. many thanks.Victoria. :P

Quote: victoria evans @ May 5 2012, 7:59 AM BST

Hi Everyone, Im in need of some help!, Im getting married Dec 12th in Lincolnshire, and decided that we don't want an evening disco but maybe a couple of up and coming comedians. I have been trailing the internet and can't find many and the ones I do find are way to pricey for myself. Here is what im looking for, Either someone to do a couple of 20 mins slots, or two lovely peeps doing half hourish each. Have to say the grand parents would of gone home so would the children,ages will be from 20 to 50. please inbox me. many thanks.Victoria. :P

Pat Monahan would be a good choice, depending on your budget.

Hi David, I love pat but been quoted £5k, but out of my price range.(that's more than the wedding) Its only a small venue, and I thought it would give anyone starting a chance to be heard, if that makes sense. Thank you anyway. any more ideas will be gratefully received.

Get a funny local magician. And then a burlesque act. Old fashioned cabaret style comedy, very in and a lot cheaper than 5K.

MarcP that's you waving your wand at the audience isn't it?

I used to, a while back :)

What is your price range?

Usually a couple of pints :)

Quote: victoria evans @ May 5 2012, 8:51 AM BST

Hi David, I love pat but been quoted £5k, but out of my price range.(that's more than the wedding) Its only a small venue, and I thought it would give anyone starting a chance to be heard, if that makes sense. Thank you anyway. any more ideas will be gratefully received.

The problem you have is that any professional comic will want proper pay for a private gig and with amateurs you run the risk of hiring someone with an act that's not appropriate for a wedding. It's your day obviously, and you know best, but you might want to consider leaving the funnies to the best man etc rather than bringing in some stranger and paying for the privilege.

Quote: Marc P @ May 5 2012, 9:47 AM BST

Usually a couple of pints :)

Marc If its a couple of pints I will hire you tomorrow, Do you still dabble? where are you? in box me :)

I have been known to dabble lol. But I am in North Norfolk Victoria and it used to be for Kids parties, friends mainly, but it was a while ago and have lost the use of my equipment as it were. I.e lost it.

But Google that sort of thing locally, a friend of mine has just hired a forties jazz singer to do three sets for ninety odd quid at the local pub, and she is good. So just stick Lincolnshire entertainment in the Google box and see what comes up. Burlesque might not be suitable for a wedding although three quarter of the part would probably enjoy it! :)

I think she's looking for volunteers from you lot of wonderful up and coming Stand-ups.

As she said the oldies and kids would've gone by then.

It would be good practice.

For my 50th birthday I had a big 'do'
I too wanted entertainment and scoured the net. They were either too expensive, not avaliable or not what I wanted.

I then went to local pubs that had groups or comedians playing and if I liked them I asked them personally how much etc.

I got the main band for £200 and they were fantastic. I got a great comedian for £100 who was very funny and a punk band for free. (well all they could eat and drink after the gig)
A DJ would have cost me £200 and I got three live acts for nearly the same price.

Quote: Chappers @ May 6 2012, 12:42 PM BST

I think she's looking for volunteers from you lot of wonderful up and coming Stand-ups.

As she said the oldies and kids would've gone by then.

It would be good practice.

Thank you Chappers,that's what I need, up and coming stand ups. pref in lincolnshire will be good practice for all.

:) Good idea Victoria, hope you get someone, lots of good ideas.

I shared a birthday event, my friends band (all they could drink)and another pal who did a music quiz and disco free! Chille and rice and a birthday cake.

Everyone really enjoyed it- down side?... the band went through £200 FAST!