Where have you been all my life?

Hi all,

Just stumbled upon this forum and am wondering why I haven't found it before.

I'm an author for HarperCollins Children's Books, currently writing the final book in my INVISIBLE FIENDS horror series, and a follow-up to my comedy-fantasy novel, THE 13TH HORSEMAN.

Back in 2002 or so I won a BBC sitcom-writing competition, but real life got in the way for a good few years after that and I was unable to get much writing done.

I'm back in the swing of things now, though, writing books full time. I really want to do some comedy stuff for TV/Radio, though, and I've today sent off a sitcom episode to the BBC Writer's Room, so we'll see what happens there.

Anyway, I reckon I can learn a lot here, so if you'll have me I'd love to come on board...

Cheers,

B.

Hello Barry!
Nice to have you here.

(I'm just going to move this thread to Introductions.)

*goes to Amazon to be nosy and look up your books*

Bloody hell, I may now have nightmares about Mr Mumbles...

Hi Barry, good to have you with us. :)

Wave Hi Barry, going to look at the books!

Quote: zooo @ May 4 2012, 3:21 PM BST

Hello Barry!
Nice to have you here.

(I'm just going to move this thread to Introductions.)

*goes to Amazon to be nosy and look up your books*

Bloody hell, I may now have nightmares about Mr Mumbles...

Aaah, really should have looked out for the Introductions bit, shouldn't I? Sorry about that, and thanks for the relocation.

Yes, Mr Mumbles is a scary chap, but just wait until you meet Doc Mortis. That one's been banned in Germany..

Thanks for the welcome everyone - good to be here!

Quote: Barry Hutchison @ May 4 2012, 3:42 PM BST

Yes, Mr Mumbles is a scary chap, but just wait until you meet Doc Mortis. That one's been banned in Germany.

:O

Hi Barry, welcome :)

Welcome! It's Barry nice to meet you, sir.

Quote: DaButt @ May 4 2012, 3:55 PM BST

Welcome! It's Barry nice to meet you, sir.

Hey wait... I see what you did there.

Thanks for the welcome. :D

Hi Barry.

Anyone else think Barry looks a little like John Cusack in his picture?

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 4 2012, 4:20 PM BST

Hi Barry.

Anyone else think Barry looks a little like John Cusack in his picture?

I can't say I've noticed. In reality I look like a half-melted action figure of the Elephant Man.

That was going to be my second guess.

You know, now you mention lookalikes, from a certain angle your pic looks a bit like Boba Fett from Star Wars. Anyone else see it?

I should really stop wearing that crash helmet, and carrying that chair leg around in my backpack, whilst riding my bike.

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 4 2012, 4:45 PM BST

I should really stop wearing that crash helmet, and carrying that chair leg around in my backpack, whilst riding my bike.

And punching those Wookies.