The most ironic joke

Anyone seen it on TV?

What is it?

Not if it's on Australian TV.

Think the poster is asking you to post the most ironic joke you have seen on television.

There is no TV show here with that title.

;) Well that's ironic.

Bobby Davro's Rock with Laughter?

Ed Byrne's routine about Alanis Morissette's "Ironic".

SAN FRANCISCO MAN BECOMES FIRST AMERICAN TO GRASP SIGNIFICANCE OF IRONY

Jay Fullmer, 38, yesterday became the first American to get to grips with the concept of irony. "It was weird" Fullmer said. "I was in London and like, talking to this guy and it was raining and he pulled a face and said, "Great weather eh?" and I thought - "Wait a minute, no way is it great weather".
Fullmer then realised that the other man's 'mistake' was in fact deliberate.

Fullmer, who is 39 next month and married with two children, aged 8 and 3, plans to use irony himself in future. "I'm, like, using it all the time" he said. "Last weekend I was grilling steaks and I burned them and I said "Hey, great weather."

Laughing out loud

Irony is so cool isn't it?

No.

Quote: sootyj @ April 29 2012, 8:28 PM BST

Irony is so cool isn't it?

Quite ferric in fact!

That was more Sarcasm than irony wasn't it?
Or can they be the same thing?

;) In retrospect, most of my life is full of irony.

Great weather even though it's miserable... is sarcasm.

Irony is a lot harder to find in a joke, usually the more morbid comedies jack dee springs to mind.. that's why I asked if anyone's heard a good joke with irony at it's core..

Irony - A man's fed up with his life so he decides to use a banana go into a bank tell everyone he has a gun... so he goes through with his plan he gets to the counter.. hand over the money and nobody will be hurt pointing at the gun I mean banana through his clothing..

[irony]

While he's holding up, 3 men with real guns enter the bank.... sees the man holding up the bank, the irony there is that not only could he not manage it, but the day of all days had to be the same one a real robber decides to rob the bank..

irony jokes are hard to pull off because well it requires some brain cells to understand the situation, but to make it funny is even harder because most ironic situations are not that funny hence why I was asking around :P