Webseries: Do you watch?

I searched "webseries" here on the forums and was stunned by how few results came up!

This just contributes to the apparent idea that the general public don't care too much for webseries. Of course, people on this forum may be more tech-savvy than the general public and more likely to watch them, but who knows...

So, my question is: do you regularly watch webseries? And if so, which do you like and what funny ones would you suggest?

This could be interesting as "webseries" isn't even a universal term as it's a new medium.

Discuss :)

I watch them when they are tie-ins with TV shows, but they're usually badly made half-arsed efforts that they barely bother to publicise. The Being Human webseries was good (Becoming Human) though.

I watch some YouTube things regularly that might be thought of as webseries, but they're more comedy vlogs that you have to watch for a while before you get all the in--jokes. HowToLiz is very funny and you don't need to watch many to get what she's doing. WheezyWaiter is absolutely brilliant but you need to watch about 10 videos until you start to get it - well worth it, though.

Maybe the term hasn't been used but web series have been discussed. It is especially true in the Writer's Forums where the creators of web series share their material.

A lot of people sit in front of their computer all day, so a audience is there but the problem might be that watching video clips is a lot harder than sneaking a look at Facebook during work. A lot of people when the get home probably do go straight to the 'net as well. But I imagine they sit with there laptop whilst facing the TV.

I think 'webseries' will take off when the internet or YouTube is integrated more into our TVs, which is happening right now. But it's still not the same as watching regular TV for most peeps.

Anyway, webseries that I do enjoy. Why our very own Chopz contribution to this form of media - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZYc1G09c7E

Micheal Cera had a great one on a few years back, 'Clark & Michael'. It doesn't seem to be on the website for it anymore though, for some reason.

I always find Jake and Amir funny but I don't go out of my way to watch it. Great writing\acting and proof you don't need loads of money to make a great show for the webz.

I watched Dr Horrible nothing else was as good.

That was amazing.

I remember enjoying The Guild. The web seems to work better for sketch comedy mind you.

Quote: sootyj @ March 15 2012, 9:13 PM GMT

I watched Dr Horrible nothing else was as good.

'ello!

http://www.avclub.com/articles/dr-horrible-may-be-coming-back-sooner-or-later,70989/

Well huzzah and hooray

Quote: Brett Barnett @ March 15 2012, 8:08 PM GMT

I searched "webseries" here on the forums and was stunned by how few results came up!

This just contributes to the apparent idea that the general public don't care too much for webseries. Of course, people on this forum may be more tech-savvy than the general public and more likely to watch them, but who knows...

So, my question is: do you regularly watch webseries? And if so, which do you like and what funny ones would you suggest?

This could be interesting as "webseries" isn't even a universal term as it's a new medium.

'Regularly watch webseries?' - No
Ever watch webseries? - No
Know what "webseries" is? - No

I don't see the logic, either, in why anyone on this forum may be more 'tech-savvy' than anyone else (whatever 'general public' might mean)

10 Print 'x'
20 Go to 10
Run...

Is EVERYTHING I know about computers.

Quote: ShoePie @ March 15 2012, 9:08 PM GMT

I always find Jake and Amir funny but I don't go out of my way to watch it. Great writing\acting and proof you don't need loads of money to make a great show for the webz.

I find Amir so annoying that I can't watch that. I love Hardly Working, though. Ooh, and Full Benefits is pretty good.

Quote: Brett Barnett @ March 15 2012, 8:08 PM GMT

I don't think a webseries is a medium, really. A webseries is really just a series. Maybe it's to with the site being used to critique work, people stick one video up, gets ignored or panned and they don't submit any more.

Recently I've enjoyed 'Blood and Bone China' a gothic horror made in Stoke, The snag as has been mentioned is a lot of web series are utter bobbins and its difficult to find the well made ones.

I do not, no. I have viewed the very occassional comedy thing on line, and if it's been good, like the Partridge ones were, then I simply wish it would come on to TV where it looks better and you can watch it more comfortably. I also find them hard to find and if a link isn't put in front of me to click I always miss them.

I understand the cheapness element of it but I do worry that it's not then mostly used as a convenient alternative to proper TV. I think it is now bringing up a big talking point about how far it's going and how far TV broadcasters are willing to let it happen, when some of them are more entertaining than proper TV shows! Itis a little bit concerning how far this trend is going, I think.