BBC Radio Scotland TopicalComedy Stand Up Workshop

BBC Radio Scotland are looking for people who think that they can write and perform topical/satirical material to submit a short (500 words) topical 'rant' by 26th March.

If they like it you could go on a 3 day stand up workshop and they even mention possible development process should you really stand out.

Blog post here

Terms and Entry stuff (Doesn't look like you have to be in scotland, but you will have to be there for the course...)

There was an interview about this on Comedy Cafe today, roughly halfway through.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rv8pr/episodes/player

Kate :)

Blimey, this one has a fast turnaround.

Entries in by March 26th and the workshop starts on March 28th.

Assuming the winners are notified on the 27th, anyone not living in Central Scotland has less than 24 hours to get there.

Better pre-pack three days worth of underwear and a toothbrush.

Quote: Jinky @ March 19 2012, 3:56 PM GMT

Better pre-pack three days worth of underwear and a toothbrush.

And a stab vest. ho ho.

What's Scottish Satire?
"F**k off if you aren't Scottish.... here's some grim yet oddly nostalgic tales of pals who later became alchohol dependent"

Anyone want to swop entries to compare?

Ooh er missus!

Hey Sootyj - I'll be writing mine tonight, but sure if you're interested

Ok let us know when you're ready.

I should warn you mines funny enough to wake Thatcher from the grave.

Wow, that is impressive. But is it good enough to kill her first? Because I'm pretty sure she's still alive, well alive as anyone can be WHEN THEY HAVE NO HEART.

She's been dead for the last 3 years.

Hell won't accept the delivery is all.

Radio Scotland page seems a good one to bookmark...

Entered! Best jokes are going in Tuesday's Newsjack one-liners

Entered as well.

Meh it's more a blog post on Kony.

If it fails I'll be obsessively linking it to all 90,000,000 hits for Indivisible Children.

Curse my busy life. Saw this precisely 64 minutes after the deadline.

Sooty - I'll swap entries. Mine is "...", but interested to critique anything which bothers Thatcher's corpse.

So Mr Jack how does one ask a lady for bum sex?

Quote: Big Jack @ March 26 2012, 1:16 PM BST

Sooty - I'll swap entries. Mine is "...", but interested to critique anything which bothers Thatcher's corpse.

Brutal!

I assume we'll here back by tomorrow afternoon if we make it through?