Ah, here you all are...

Thanks to Aaron for letting me in...

I've been coming here as a lurker for ages to look things up. I live in Santa Cruz, California but am originally from Bristol, so I sound like a mid-Atlantic pirate these days. As a bit of an old geyser, I spend a lot of my time downloading BBC Radio 4 panel games, comedies and sketch shows to listen to on the iPod as I walk just enough to keep my heart pumping without actually losing any weight. I have been listening to Just A Minute since Kenneth Williams was its king and the iPod is a big improvement on under the bedclothes with a dodgy transistor radio from the market. I have a small but precious daughter collection (yes, I know I stole that from Neil Gaiman) who have proper California surf babe accents which is a constant surprise to me. I am very proud though that they love British comedy shows, they are huge fans of The Inbetweeners, going back to see my parents last year that was the only thing they were interested in, the DVD release date. I am a little worried that Fresh Meat has made my eldest start talking about doing Uni in UK now.

Anyway, good to be here.

Cheers,

Mark

Hello there Wave

Hello :)

Welcome Mark Wave

Welcome aboard (arrr) Mark, delighted to have you here.

Great to hear you've raised the girls well! If it's any consolation to your parental mind, my (recent) uni experience was nothing like portrayed in Fresh Meat! :D

Greetings.

I wish I was in California. I'm too poor to afford the flights, and you know what? To be honest, even if I could, I would probably outstay my visa, which would make me a criminal, and that's not good.

Welcome.

Bristol to California?! That must have been a shock to the system. Oh and hi.