Dawn French Page 3

Quote: Harridan @ March 2 2012, 4:14 PM GMT

"so-and-so is fat! haha!" is the easiest, cheapest, most boring and least necessary joke anyone ever makes.

Tell that to Laurel and Hardy. I was responding to the OP who reckoned the elephantine Ms French was "beautiful".

Quote: Safdar Shah @ March 2 2012, 4:25 PM GMT

Tell that to Laurel and Hardy. I was responding to the OP who reckoned the elephantine Ms French was "beautiful".

So your jokes are only about 80 years out of date then...

You seem to be in a minority in thinking that she isn't beautiful.

Quote: Harridan @ March 2 2012, 4:31 PM GMT

So your jokes are only about 80 years out of date then...

You seem to be in a minority in thinking that she isn't beautiful.

Tell it to Jo Brand, Sarah Millican and Miranda Hart then. I don't find grotesquely obese people attractive and obesity should be discouraged.

Quote: Safdar Shah @ March 2 2012, 4:41 PM GMT

Tell it to Jo Brand, Sarah Millican and Miranda Hart then. I don't find grotesquely obese people attractive and obesity should be discouraged.

"I am so fat" is quite different from "She is so fat".

I'm sure that now you've called her names on a forum she'll realise how disgusting she is and lose weight to please you.

You are aware that Dawn French has recently lost about 6 stone, aren't you? Just wondering.

Quote: Safdar Shah @ March 2 2012, 4:41 PM GMT

None of those people are 'grotesquely obese'.
This thread has become fairly grotesque, however.

It has. :(

And for the record, I think Dawn French is gorgeous. Always have.

Quote: zooo @ March 2 2012, 4:49 PM GMT

None of those people are 'grotesquely obese'.
This thread has become fairly grotesque, however.

I didn't say they were they just rely on fat/size jokes for some of their humour. The only grotesque thing here is trying to insist that someone who is several stones overweight is still "beautiful".

Genuine question. How old are you?

Quote: zooo @ March 2 2012, 5:02 PM GMT

Genuine question. How old are you?

ONG LOL ROLF

Fat is greedy and funny. Thin is beautiful. Krankies fat boy = funny. Bruce Forsyth's thin dolly dealers = beautiful.

Dejavu? Why hello it's you!

nb Dawn French is a perfectly decent comedian. She's not my fave but; Murder most Horrid, Comic Strip, some pretty good standup and even Dibbl which was a charming ensemble piece were all perfectly good.

And some people find her pretty, some don't. So what? I'm aiming to be amused by her.

Quote: sootyj @ March 2 2012, 5:27 PM GMT

Dejavu? Why hello it's you!

nb Dawn French is a perfectly decent comedian. She's not my fave but; Murder most Horrid, Comic Strip, some pretty good standup and even Dibbl which was a charming ensemble piece were all perfectly good.

And some people find her pretty, some don't. So what? I'm aiming to be amused by her.

Sod off I am not French. I hate everything French especially their overpriced salad cream. Weight and name apart I find Dawn French horribly twee.

Quote: Safdar Shah @ March 2 2012, 5:36 PM GMT

Sod off I am not French. I hate everything French especially their overpriced salad cream. Weight and name apart I find Dawn French horribly twee.

Sadfar do you realise this is a comedy site?

Quote: Chappers @ February 4 2012, 12:22 AM GMT

I really think she is the most beautiful woman on Television, So talented and funny. I must be her biggest fan.

Quote: ShirleyMcFurley @ February 4 2012, 12:28 AM GMT

Ah, Chappers. Are you entering the Beeb sitcom comp which is being judged by said lady by any chance!! :D

Quote: Safdar Shah @ March 2 2012, 3:19 PM GMT

I disagree with the poster who said Dawn French is beautiful, funny and talented. Is that allowed ?

I think you're missing the point a little.

Incidentally I've always thought she has a lovely face.

Quote: Safdar Shah @ March 2 2012, 3:19 PM GMT

I disagree with the poster who said Dawn French is beautiful, funny and talented. Is that allowed ?

Quote: Marc P @ March 2 2012, 10:07 PM GMT

Sadfar do you realise this is a comedy site?

Do you ?!?!

Quote: Chappers @ March 2 2012, 10:47 PM GMT

I didn't there was a point other than the fact that you seem to find mounds of blubber beautiful.