Happy Endings (US)

I know, you see the adverts in the UK. I know, it looks like sub-Friends tripe.

It's not (well the first few episodes aren't great).

Fast, funny, machine-gun joking, likeable characters, memorable moments... I don't think it gets much better when it comes to easy-watching comedy. HE's season 2 has probably the most consistent of any of the currently airing sitcoms in the states.

Give it a chance, guys.

Plus it's got Eliza Coupe: hot, funny AND crazy eyes? That's love, right there.

Yeah, I've seen a few of these, been meaning to give it a good hard viewing. Currently airing on E4 on Thursdays in a block with Big bang and How I Met Your Mother.

Quote: masterfox20 @ December 30 2011, 4:21 PM GMT

Fast, funny, machine-gun joking, likeable characters, memorable moments...

Genuinely surprised by this description. I'm a little behind now admittedly, but find it disappointingly flat. It's enjoyable and funny, but nowhere near as much as I feel it should be.

Quote: Aaron @ December 30 2011, 9:45 PM GMT

Genuinely surprised by this description. I'm a little behind now admittedly, but find it disappointingly flat. It's enjoyable and funny, but nowhere near as much as I feel it should be.

The second series is definitely better. I believe they had quite a bit of writer turnaround between seasons 1 and 2, which might explain it.

First few episodes are very average but once it finds its feet it gets really really good. Very funny show, and the jokes just keep coming and coming, so even if one falls flat there is another right around the corner. Some really good comedy character acting too, especially from Adam Pally (Max) and Casey Wilson (Penny), the two leads are little bit boring, although Elisha Cuthbert (Alex) is starting come in to her own now that she's getting used to acting in a comedy and bouncing off of the other actors.

Tonight's Halloween episode on E4 was really very funny. Yes it was.

I am curious about this. Could I skip the first season and still get into it or do I kinda need to warm to it by watching the first season, urm first?

Quote: Bob Hicks @ January 12 2012, 11:55 PM GMT

I am curious about this. Could I skip the first season and still get into it or do I kinda need to warm to it by watching the first season, urm first?

You don't need to have watched the first season, I've only watched four or five eps in total so far.

I've been enjoying this show, hee's an interview with one of the stars:

http://www.vulture.com/2012/02/happy-endings-star-eliza-coupe-on-feeling-up-guest-stars-and-lusting-for-michael-fassbender.html

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 13 2012, 9:08 AM GMT

You don't need to have watched the first season, I've only watched four or five eps in total so far.

Ah cool. Good to know, I'm in need of something new to watch, so then I can just jump straight into this one.

Fat Joey! This is a really fun show; check it out.

Anyone watching this? The episode shown this week was my favourite yet I think, very funny stuff.

'I'm Ellen-!'

Yes, but still only half way through the first season. :/

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 5 2012, 2:18 PM BST

'I'm Ellen-!'

Laughing out loud

I have never seen this show.

Quote: Aaron @ May 5 2012, 4:15 PM BST

Yes, but still only half way through the first season. :/

The second season is definitely a lot better.