I miss the '90s Page 3

Quote: youngian @ December 12 2011, 12:35 PM GMT

Its interesting that acts made it in the 90s, oasis, Blur, Nirvanna, were influenced by 60s and 70s music.

Can't speak for Blur and Oasis, but the two main influences on Nirvana were 80s bands The Pixies and The Vaselines.

The 90's were about dance music. All the cool kids know that.

Thank God I was never cool. :)

I'd never have guessed with your fondness for Take That! It's never too late though.

Cool people are dicks.

Are you cool?

Shallow people who think they're cool are dicks, but genuinely cool people aren'y by their very nature. I'm cool enough not to like Take That et al at any rate, no offence!

Personally I think it's cool to like whatever music you like and not lie about it or pretend you're above it.

But whatever works!

Quote: Vader @ December 14 2011, 4:59 PM GMT

Shallow people who think they're cool are dicks, but genuinely cool people aren'y by their very nature. I'm cool enough not to like Take That et al at any rate, no offence!

Take That are not part of 'et al'! GB actually wrote their songs, and two of them were professional dancers who actually worked for a living

Quote: zooo @ December 14 2011, 5:10 PM GMT

Personally I think it's cool to like whatever music you like and not lie about it or pretend you're above it.

But whatever works!

I daresay you're roughly as cool as me, by women's standards, aside from your taste in music, but Boy bands aren't cool, there's no escaping that fact!

In fairness I liked the Stardust song, but I'm under no illusion that that's not a cool thing to admit to!

Quote: Vader @ December 14 2011, 6:00 PM GMT

I daresay you're roughly as cool as me, by women's standards, aside from your taste in music, but Boy bands aren't cool, there's no escaping that fact!

In fairness I liked the Stardust song, but I'm under no illusion that that's not a cool thing to admit to!

Lol, that's what I mean. Cool is a jolly complicated concept. Nobody thinks it's cool to like Take That, but to pretend not to when you do, just to 'look cool' is very much NOT cool.

There, glad we've got that sorted out!

Quote: AJGO @ December 14 2011, 5:11 PM GMT

Take That are not part of 'et al'! GB actually wrote their songs, and two of them were professional dancers who actually worked for a living

Did he write all of them though? Just look at Peter Andre, he rhymed mania with 'insania' in the jungle, then no doubt a producer and engineer did the real work of turning it into a song and he took the credit because it's better PR. That's what usually happens in these cases. And then if he really wrote all the lyrcs, do you really thin you couldn't easily write lyrics that were just as good?

And could GB always play the piano, or did he decide to learn since he was supposedly a musician?

You could look all this up on Wiki if you're that interested. They write their own music, play instruments, sing live. Barlow also writes songs for dozens of other successful artists, that's how come he's a gazillionaire.
People who can tell good pop from bad don't like them to be lumped in with all the other dross (Westlife, JLS, or whatever the current ones are called) because of those differences.

But, in the grand scheme of things, who cares, eh?

Quote: zooo @ December 14 2011, 6:06 PM GMT

Lol, that's what I mean. Cool is a jolly complicated concept. Nobody thinks it's cool to like Take That, but to pretend not to when you do, just to 'look cool' is very much NOT cool.

There, glad we've got that sorted out!

It is indeed complicated. Pretending not to like them wouldn't be cool, but if you can admit that they'e uncool, then I'd concede that you're as cool as me, by women's stadards. I know being as cool as me is what you aspire to!

Quote: zooo @ December 14 2011, 6:13 PM GMT

You could look all this up on Wiki if you're that interested. They write their own music, play instruments, sing live. Barlow also writes songs for dozens of other successful artists, that's how come he's a gazillionaire.
People who can tell good pop from bad don't like them to be lumped in with all the other dross (Westlife, JLS, or whatever the current ones are called) because of those differences.

But, in the grand scheme of things, who cares, eh?

Indeed, not me.

Quote: zooo @ December 14 2011, 4:51 PM GMT

Cool people are dicks.

Are you cool?

Kind of irrelevant to the thread but you have just reminded me of a song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMwFj1I

I thank you sir for reminding me of the amusement that is that song :P

I don't think a ruffian like zooo gets called Sir very often.