Favourite Fawlty Towers episode?

My all time favourite has to be 'The Hotel Inspectors'. Brilliantly written as were all episodes. This was one of those episodes where we really got to see just how awful and rude Basil could be. For me Mr Hutchinson played brilliantly by Bernard Cribbins stole the show with his performance.

The funniest moment for me was when Basil was attempting to restrain Mr Hutchinson's complaining by laughing out very loudly and covering his mouth with his hand, and then giving him a knock on the back of his head and causing him to fall face-first into his dinner.

Also must give James Cossins a mention, he was also very good too.

There's already a few Fawlty threads about, just add on there :)

Quote: Shandonbelle @ November 20 2011, 9:58 AM GMT

There's already a few Fawlty threads about, just add on there :)

Yes but not devoted to a favourite episode from what I could see. And anyway there are a few threads on Fawlty Towers already so I do not think one more will do much harm.

In that case, my favourite, though hard to choose, is the one where he hammers his car with a tree branch...can't remember the name of the episode. Must get them on DVD soon, I keep missing the repeats.

Quote: Shandonbelle @ November 20 2011, 10:56 AM GMT

In that case, my favourite, though hard to choose, is the one where he hammers his car with a tree branch...can't remember the name of the episode. Must get them on DVD soon, I keep missing the repeats.

It's called 'Gourmet Night' I think off the top of my head. I recently bought the box set with commentary from John Cleese. Worth buying just for that alone.

Christmas list sorted :)

The Germans

Basil the Rat

Lunacy !!!

1. The Hotel Inspectors
2. Communication Problems
3. The Germans
4. The Psychiatrist
5. Gourmet Night
6. The Builders
7. Waldorf Salad
8. The Anniversary
9. The Wedding Party
10. Basil The Rat
11. The Kipper And The Corpse
12. A Touch Of Class

1000th post! Wahey!

Don't know the name of the episode, but it was the one with the antique vase and the 40/1 winning horse that Basil backed with £40 (?) on the nose. Only saw it once, but I can still remember the horse's name: "Dragonfly".

Always felt sorry for Basil..

^ Communication Problems.

1 The Psychiatrist
2 Basil The Rat
3 Comm Probs
4 The Germans
5 The Hotel Inspectors
6 Gourmet Night

He was interviewed on Radio 1 this morning, an excellent listen, he sounds so down to earth, as well as that great sense of humour...I want to marry him Lovey ;)

Who? Cleese?

Yes...although considering he's doing the Alimony Tour at the moment, probably not much chance of being asked. ;)