Positivity Page 2

Laughing out loud You You...very relaxed Marc after sending off 10 Newsjack one-liners!

Not brilliant but my chums laughed,?? Keeping positive man! :D

I find that last affirmation in the original post a little underwhelming.

Quote: David Bussell @ October 18 2011, 11:43 AM BST

I find that last affirmation in the original post a little underwhelming.

Thanks for stopping by David. Glad you picked the one you didn't like.

You find an image of VE Day underwhelming? The image of people celebrating the end of six years of misery, bloodshed and seeing their families, homes and lives go up in smoke? The sheer joy of this country managing to fend off an invasion from a army intent on obliterating it and subsequent street parties at the surrender of Nazi Germany?

That's all underwhelming to you?

Y'know what, f**k it, I'm not explaining myself. I've noticed in the past how the occasional poster here and there can't really speak on subjects that do not centre on them exclusively, a few are fond of the smug little dismissals and the like, hoping everyone else chuckles at their terminals.

I parallel posted the same thread here, and on a similar board, the other forum's thread now runs to 34 pages because the community is a lot tighter and not all out to f**k eachother over by all competing against eachother in the same competetions year in year out and then pretending to offer eachother 'good luck' when it's clearly insincere.

Anyway, in short, sorry the end of the war is underwhelming to you. To be honest, you don't even know how good you have it.

If you have relatives with memories or accounts of that period in history, ask them if it's underwhelming. Next May 8th, refuse your Bank Holiday, because the whole thing is a little too 'underwhelming' in your eyes.

ps, I'm not arguing, just puzzled, so don't come back at me with some pre-written sarcastic quip because the humour from the South doesn't always translate well in the North-West with us humble, simple folks.

Quote: Jack Daniels @ October 18 2011, 8:30 PM BST

Thanks for stopping by David. Glad you picked the one you didn't like

I parallel posted the same thread here, and on a similar board, the other forum's thread now runs to 34 pages because the community is a lot tighter and not all out to f**k eachother over by all competing against eachother in the same competetions year in year out and then pretending to offer eachother 'good luck' when it's clearly insincere.

Jack,

I haven't seen any evidence of people on here trying to f**k each other over? I also think that any good luck messages given are given sincerely. just out of interest, what is the other board you mentioned?

Quote: Jack Daniels @ October 18 2011, 8:30 PM BST

Thanks for stopping by David. Glad you picked the one you didn't like.

You find an image of VE Day underwhelming? The image of people celebrating the end of six years of misery, bloodshed and seeing their families, homes and lives go up in smoke? The sheer joy of this country managing to fend off an invasion from a army intent on obliterating it and subsequent street parties at the surrender of Nazi Germany?

That's all underwhelming to you?

Y'know what, f**k it, I'm not explaining myself. I've noticed in the past how the occasional poster here and there can't really speak on subjects that do not centre on them exclusively, a few are fond of the smug little dismissals and the like, hoping everyone else chuckles at their terminals.

Anyway, in short, sorry the end of the war is underwhelming to you. To be honest, you don't even know how good you have it.

If you have relatives with memories or accounts of that period in history, ask them if it's underwhelming. Next May 8th, refuse your Bank Holiday, because the whole thing is a little too 'underwhelming' in your eyes.

ps, I'm not arguing, just puzzled, so don't come back at me with some pre-written sarcastic quip because the humour from the South doesn't always translate well in the North-West with us humble, simple folks.

Um, on my screen the last picture simply reads "Please don't steal my bandwidth, I need it to buy alcohol" and gives a link to the host website. I'm guessing you're looking at something different?

There are two posts of pics
So you're both right

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 18 2011, 8:48 PM BST

So there are. Sorry for not being clearer; believe it or not I don't have a negative outlook on the end of the war.

As ever David Bussell BCG's very often Esther Rantzen has found humour in even the most mundane places.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 18 2011, 8:48 PM BST

So you're both right

Whereabouts is the other post?

There are times when looking at affirmations like that can be beneficial, seeing it written down so much better than most of us could have put it, it gives a little inner boost to be a better person... other times, they can be patronising and preachy and just annoy the hell out of me...it depends.

sorry 3

one after the other but for a gap of two posts after the first one

I feel like we've all learned something about keeping positive anyway. Well, except for Jack maybe...

This one is quite moving.

Quote: Jack Daniels @ October 17 2011, 1:09 AM BST

Pleased I like 'Its never too late to be the person you might have been' Eh? Geek

Laughing out loud

Quote: dellas @ October 19 2011, 1:14 AM BST

Pleased I like 'Its never too late to be the person you might have been' Eh? Geek

....but bear in mind that the person you might have been, could quite possibly be a right twat.