BATH South West stand up/new material workshop

Hi all,

I'm starting a 'new material workshop' in Bath, venue is a room above a nice old pub close to the centre of town on either Mon or Thurs nights.

Not an open mike night, but more a chance for local stand ups and performers (of any level of experience) to try out new material and get some precious stage time. Plus feedback and support from other performers.

There aren't many open mike venues in this neck of the woods so I thought this could be a good way of practising, in between travelling further afield for gigs.

Please email me at sptransmuting@gmail.com. If I get enough interest I'll contact you and we'll set it up. I reckon upwards of 8 people should make it worthwhile, and hopefully you won't mind chucking in a couple of quid towards the £15 room hire charge.

Look forward to hearing from you, let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

SPT.
@SP_Transmuting

I'm a million miles away from Bath but this workshop idea sounds amazing, uncommercial and should be done more often. I hope it takes off.

Great - appreciate your positive comments!

Also for people in Bristol - the venue for this is only two mins walk from Oldfield Park station or 20 mins from Bath Spa - so easy to get to from Temple Meads.

Cheers,

SPT

Looks amazing

Isn't Johnnie Marbles a Windsor alma mater?

nb if my work takes me in your neck of the woods could I get a slot\?

Great Idea, I'd be up for it.

Quote: sootyj @ August 22 2011, 7:43 PM BST

Looks amazing

Isn't Johnnie Marbles a Windsor alma mater?

nb if my work takes me in your neck of the woods could I get a slot\?

Yes more than welcome, drop me a line if you're bath bound.

Quote: Richard Swander @ August 23 2011, 12:56 PM BST

Great Idea, I'd be up for it.

Great - I'll keep you in the loop and see you at Belushi's for your new night.

Hi Stinking P, I sent you an email a few days ago, could you let me know the details of the gig?

Cheers, TC

Hi Tony - sorry, spam filter had caught your email. I've emailed details.

I'd be up for attending, although I don't yet have any material to show case but I'd like to just get some tips etc from others.

Hi all,

Due to there being a number of open mikes around the south west now, I'm not going to take this forward. Thanks for your interest and emails!

SPT.