NEWS OF THE WORLD SKETCH: I have never...

Short sketch showing what corrupt journalists do at sleepovers.

This is SHOOT FROM THE HIP!'s first sketch so any feedback would be great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS4YwhxbjnI

Not bad (nb critique is where you usually get feedback)

but not entirely clear. In the FamilyGuy sketch you're riffing on the joke is you say something and then everyone else has to drink.

Here it just looks like they're fibbing.

Also maybe a boring none corrupt journalist would offer a counterpoint?

Quote: sootyj @ July 28 2011, 10:21 PM BST

Not bad (nb critique is where you usually get feedback)

but not entirely clear. In the FamilyGuy sketch you're riffing on the joke is you say something and then everyone else has to drink.

Here it just looks like they're fibbing.

Also maybe a boring none corrupt journalist would offer a counterpoint?

Cheers for the feedback, this is nothing to do with family guy though?

It just a play on the Phone hacking scandal with a popular drinking game!

Hope that clears stuff up

Oh right they have a very funny skit, where they play "I never"

and Quagmire passes out after admitting to every vile perverted act ever.

What sootyj says, but at the end after the long pause. I think they should all just laugh and tell him to drink... and he does the 'you guys... why for two pins..' kind of shctick.

Cheers guys its good to know what is clear and what is not.

The way we wrote it. The structure is:

Four journalist play the classic drinking game I have never:

In the game they try to get each other to drink by exposing the information they know about each other (Everything they say are actually things that NOTW reporters did)

But when it gets to the last one its so awful that no one wants to be seen to drink.

But if that doesn't come across I will have to try and make it clearer!

It's all awful is the trouble. SO the pause and then they all have a laugh and a drink makes your point better I would suggest. Satire is supposed to bite. But it's your sketch! :)

Cheers.

If anyone wants to give extremely basic feedback it is also on: Funnyordie

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0d81ed8877/news-of-the-world-reporters-play-never-have-i-ever

Quote: Shoot From The Hip @ July 29 2011, 5:41 PM BST

Cheers.

If anyone wants to give extremely basic feedback it is also on: Funnyordie

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/0d81ed8877/news-of-the-world-reporters-play-never-have-i-ever

Seemed like the same version to me. Did you not work with the feedback from here?

It was up there already, will be suggesting edits to the gorup if we decided to do the sketch live!

A promising start. It's punchy and has a nice cinema verite feel. On the downside it's also slightly one-dimensional and predictable. A lot of groups are culpable in the NoW scandal, so it might be more interesting to have the same drinking game between a journalist, a government minister, a policeman and a member of the public.

Well I must say that I like the sketch as it is. I wouldn't make any changes.

Cheers for the feedback. I hope 'shall we just play risk' wasn't too predictable? What did the member of the public do wrong?