Is it worth pursuing?

So I recently started playing the ukulele. Its an instrument I love but can't take seriously. I am planning to cover songs by Ivor Biggun, George Fornby, and eventually try to write some of my own in the same style.

So far I only have one on YouTube. Id just like you to have a listen and tell me if its worth pursuing this, or if I should give up. As far as I can tell there doesn't seem to be anyone on YouTube covering these kind of songs.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/wvv3xlVJiK8

Basically, If more songs were uploaded,would you watch?

If you enjoy it then why not? And you're only going to get better.... er, that's not meant as a dig. I thought it was pretty good, although I couldn't hear a lot of the words. Perhaps a better mic would help?

I subscribe to a YouTube user called Jimmy Wong who makes great music videos where he just plays to camera and they are very watchable and well produced. Check his videos out for production ideas.

Quote: Ukulele Fred @ June 22 2011, 5:32 PM BST

So I recently started playing the ukulele.

It is a weapon best left in the hands of the professionals.

Quote: Brian Brane @ June 22 2011, 7:37 PM BST

It is a weapon best left in the hands of the professionals.

We talking about Nukes or Ukes here?

Quote: Peter Brouhaha @ July 5 2011, 12:49 AM BST

We talking about Nukes or Ukes here?

Ah, there is a nifty invention. The Nukulele, smaller than most bombs but it could give you a mighty burn.

Quote: Bill Jaguar @ July 5 2011, 3:02 PM BST

Ah, there is a nifty invention. The Nukulele, smaller than most bombs but it could give you a mighty burn.

Now for my first song; The Rolling Stones' classic, 'Gimme Fallout Shelter'.

Quote: Peter Brouhaha @ July 6 2011, 10:38 PM BST

Now for my first song; The Rolling Stones' classic, 'Gimme Fallout Shelter'.

Can that be used to hide from the missus too?

Quote: Bill Jaguar @ July 6 2011, 11:13 PM BST

Can that be used to hide from the missus too?

They're good, but they're not that good.