big brother love it loathe it Page 4

Quote: Martin Holmes @ June 17, 2007, 5:14 PM

Johnny Rotten was in I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here if I'm not mistaken.

It's all the same old bollox though isn't it. Compulsive TV to numb the brain!

I think BB is writing gold, all the conflicts all the characters all the backgrounds. You get it all in one place, almost on tap. Pirate

Quote: Martin Holmes @ June 16, 2007, 10:27 PM

Until it became all about "celebrity"...so now people just go in to get a spread in Heat magazine. But even though its not as good anymore I still watch it.

Very true, although the intense nature of the house means these people usually leave early or reveal their true personality after a while.

Usually I'm a BB fan, but I don't think this series has gelled at all. Worse, I think Davina and Dermot are starting to look a bit bored and long in the tooth for it. And Big Mouth is dire without Russel Brand. I suspect that when it comes back next year they may have to give it quite a severe makeover.

If i want to see incoherent bigotted pricks making dicks of themselves then all I have to do is look out the window on a weekend night.

It creates the idea that anybody can be a star despite talent; that everyone has something so interesting to say that it deserves to go out on primetime TV; that our lives are so obsessed with fame that we'll even watch wannabe wannabes lying asleep in bed; that our masters have so ingrained us that now we don't worry that 1984's Big Brother is watching us but we panic at the thought that NO ONE is watching us. As a society, we've willingly sacrificed privacy and rights for a fleeting chance to snatch at a bit of exposure. By supporting this type of TV we only encourage the broadcasters to replace the making of real shows (with real effort and their own cash) with self-funding hogwash.

I loathe it, by the way. Not necessarily that show, but that genre and the ethos behind it.

Get back to lurking, I hear you cry. :P

I kind of like it, just watching their petty arguments and the way people react to each other in a high-pressure situation makes it entertaining for me. I've gone through a lot of different love/hate phrases with BB but i've decided that it doesn't really matter if the popular opinion is that it's a pile of old toilet, it entertains me and that's all really. I'm not about to get all defensive about it.

The only thing Big Brother is good for is highlighting everything wrong with our degenerate societies. Angry Angry ...... Angry

Yeah I stopped watching this after week 2, god only knows how I lasted that long?!

A house full of women and no nudity, well I was disgusted and switched off.

Got to admit this series has been poor up until this week, this weeks twist is brilliant and very funny.

Apparently the producers had to have a crisis meeting to come up with last minute plans to relieve the shitness of this year's series.

And this fake Aussie twist is one of them.
I like it too!

Laughing out loud
Topic of Meeting-Shitness
Solution-Get an actress to pretend she is Australian for a week?

Endemol hire all the smart people don't they

I suggested a "Pass-The-Grenade" contest for this week, but the producers said no. Oh well.

I didn't know the producers had such high standards

I think the Fake Week is very entertaining. Thaila is doing good as Pauline but its not so hard for the housemates to be able to guess she's fake, over wise it would be impossible for them to pass the task. But all the Aussie themed tasks they are doing, the things BB are making Thaila do and now BB telling Brian that 'Pauline' is a fake housemate for his Birthday present but not allowing him to tell the others is great. :)

Brian Brian Brian the Stephen Hawkins of Essex