Stand Up Albums

I've being buying a lot of stand up comedy albums recently, to brighten up the half hour walk to work. I love the fact that most American comedians still put these out, where as over here they tend to just put out a DVD. There's something much nicer about a comedy album.

Anyone else buy stand up albums, new or old? Any to recommend??

Here's a couple of recent purchases:

Maria Bamford, 'Unwanted Thoughts Syndrome'

Brian Posehn, 'Nerd Rage'

I have a suspicion this thread may die unloved.

Arizona Bay by Bill Hicks.

Amazing stand up album.

Listened to it dozens of times and it never gets old.

I have a few Jasper Carrott LPs,very good

I've got a couple of Jackie Mason and Chris Rock CD's on my ipod, always cheers me up when they come up on shuffle.

Another recent purchase, another great American stand up; Patton Oswalt and 'Werewolves And Lollipops':

I've heard that theres some great Robin Williams live albums but I've never got hold of them for one reason or another

can anyone recommend?

Quote: lofthouse @ May 27 2011, 9:10 PM BST

I've heard that theres some great Robin Williams live albums but I've never got hold of them for one reason or another

can anyone recommend?

Funnily enough I'm listening to a Max Miller album while I type! I do love a bit of stand up. The best place to find modern British stand up CDs seems to be motorway service stations. Yes Mr Johnny Sales Rep likes a bit of Jethro playing in his BMW as much as he likes a congealed all day breakfast and a machine selling disposable toothbrushes.

I know it's not stand up but there's some great Monty Python albums

Not only ones filled with various sketches and songs but the Python movies are great on CD too - especially Holy Grail.

I posted a few of those Python ones up on the comedy records thread over in the general comedy bit. And in stand up album news, I bought yet another Jasper Carrott album this weekend!

On Ben's recommendation, I bought Todd Barry's 'Medium Energy'. He's a deadpan American stand up, listened to it a few times now and it's really very good.

I like it when Todd starts f**king shit up on the dancefloor. I first heard that in Rollo's car via Bussell.

This CD is one of my favourites:

Louder Than Hell and Live on the Sunset Strip, are absolute must have comedy albums.

Kinison and Pryor both at the top of their game, nothing comes close.

Big Steve Martin fan, he released three stand up albums, this one's the best:

A few Billy Connolly albums

Billy Connolly - Raw Meat for the Balcony:

Billy Connolly - Riotous Assembly:

Billy Connolly - Live:

Billy Connolly - Get Right Intae Him:

Billy Connolly - Billy Connolly:

Billy Connolly - Atlantic Bridge: