My first Stand Up Gig Page 2

Holy Mamoolios, can't believe that was your first time. Even though some of the material was close to the knuckle, you still came across as a nice person. Excellent stuff.

I think that was bloody brilliant. Except for the rap. But the rest was very good. Not just by first gig standards :)

Well f**king done.

Funny and well delivered, excellent first time out.

Lost it for me from the rap onwards but prior to that, bob on! :)

Hey Sammy,

That was really funny. I enjoyed it all. Your delivery was spot on. Laughing out loud

Hello everyone!

Thanks so so so much for the feedback. Its been a massive help. I have deleted my video on YouTube as I don't want it to eat into my set too much and I just put it up initially to show my friends and family (and maybe the odd promoter). I will be replacing it with a two min teaser instead.

Thanks again for your comments

Hope you are all having a lovely day. I am in Amsterdam right now.. so my day is pretty good.

Cool

Quote: Sammy @ March 27 2011, 12:16 PM BST

Hello everyone!

Thanks so so so much for the feedback. Its been a massive help. I have deleted my video on YouTube as I don't want it to eat into my set too much and I just put it up initially to show my friends and family (and maybe the odd promoter). I will be replacing it with a two min teaser instead.

You are a two min teaser! (I have no idea what that means).

Good stuff, Sam.. I shall now go look at my first gig and weep :)

The teaser..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLWr7s8w94w

Thanks again guys! Next gig tomorrow. Trying out some new material so fingers crossed it goes okay.

I missed the original post, Sammy, but going by this teaser this was an exceptional debut. Congratulations and good luck with your next gig!

Aw thanks Bussell. That is really appreciated :)

Really good - funny and professional.
I saw the 'Stand up and Deliver' sign - did you do a course with Logan Murray? I read his book and it's very useful.

Very impressive for a first gig (assuming the 2 min teaser was from the first gig), what's your comedy background then?

Loved it!! Very funny!! Your bloody good.

Excellent stuff. Laughed a few glowsticks out of my nose.

: )

I only saw the short clip, but it was quite funny - I am sure you can make a good go of this if you continue.

Well done. Hug

Thanks Guys!

Yeah I did Logan's course. His book is great and his course is amazing. Its not cheap but was worth every penny.

I am now 7 gigs in and loving every moment of it.

http://chickcomedian.wordpress.com/ If anyone wants to follow my progress :)

Oh and with regards to comedy background.. I used to be in a sketch group and I used to write sketches quite a bit in my spare time. I joined the course to meet new people for sketch but ended up getting bitten by the stand up bug.