2012 an' all that

I was wondering what people's opinions on the supposed upcoming 2012 disaster are. YouTube is full of conspiracy theories about it, the main one being that the Earth is going to stop spinning for 3 days, then start spinning in the opposite direction. Some people are even saying the Hadron Collider is a giant magnet that's been built to try and stop it from happening.

I have literally no opinion.

Quote: zooo @ March 22 2011, 12:02 AM GMT

I have literally no opinion.

I think it'll be the first year of the Space Olympics.

The only disaster of 2012 will be Obama's unsuccessful campaign to win reelection.

Quote: DaButt @ March 22 2011, 1:38 AM GMT

The only disaster of 2012 will be Obama's unsuccessful campaign to win reelection.

I wish you'd make your mind up DB. One minute you don't like the guy, the next you say it'll be a disaster when he's not re-elected.

Laughing out loud

I've been fairly consistent with my complaints. I wish he'd do something that I could applaud but he has a knack for screwing most everything up. Case in point: Libya.

I'll have to be the one to ask: How has Obama "screwed up" Libya? Are you referring to his failure to get Congressional approval to join enforcement of UN-mandated no-fly zone to save Libyan people from slaughter?

It'd be pretty cool if the world did end in 2012. I wonder who'd get the last BCG post before everything ended?

Quote: chipolata @ March 22 2011, 9:30 AM GMT

It'd be pretty cool if the world did end in 2012. I wonder who'd get the last BCG post before everything ended?

That would be me, the Fifth Horseman.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ March 22 2011, 10:18 AM GMT

That would be me, the Fifth Horseman.

The Filth Horseman, more like! Hey! Hey!

Quote: chipolata @ March 22 2011, 10:25 AM GMT

The Filth Horseman, more like! Hey! Hey!

Oh yeah. I see what you've done there.

Something totally bollocks.

Exactly the kind of thing I'd do.

If the world stops spinning I hope we get the dark side.

Chip simply throws abuse at me when we have to change the clocks to get an extra hour of light - f**k knows what he would do if there was three days of it.

Quote: bigfella @ March 22 2011, 10:37 AM GMT

Chip simply throws abuse at me when we have to change the clocks to get an extra hour of light - f**k knows what he would do if there was three days of it.

Cool

Quote: john lucas 101 @ March 22 2011, 10:34 AM GMT

Oh yeah. I see what you've done there.

Something totally bollocks.

Exactly the kind of thing I'd do.

And it still amazes me that neither of us got through to the Sitcom Mission finals.

Quote: DaButt @ March 22 2011, 1:38 AM GMT

If Sarah Palin is made president I'd be glad that the world would end in 2012 - as she would not officially take power until 2013.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ March 22 2011, 11:22 AM GMT

If Sarah Palin is made president I'd be glad that the world would end in 2012 - as she would not officially take power until 2013.

There's a great Onion headline about that: "Morbid Curiosity Leading Many Voters To Support Palin."

I mean it would be kind of fun having that fruitloop in the White House. Obama's all right but he's far too sensible to be entertaining.