Comedy-dramas...? Page 3

That sounds very weird! But quite intriguing.

Quote: chipolata @ March 20 2011, 9:37 PM GMT

The mighty Monk.

:D Love Monk.

Quote: zooo @ March 20 2011, 10:33 PM GMT

That sounds very weird! But quite intriguing.

It was great but I've just spent 20 mins Googling and can't find any mention of it, so beginning to think that it was called something else.

Does anybody remember this or did Chappers and I dream it?

EDIT:

No, I was right just found this mention of it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/faces/john_mcardle.shtml

Oh, and this.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118272/

Weird, though it was a mainstream BBC show (I remember lots of trailers at the time 1997) it seems to have been all but erased from existence.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 20 2011, 9:22 PM GMT

the excellent Sharpe adaptions,

Are you completely mad, sir?

Oh just though of another belter:

Rumpole.

Quote: Chappers @ March 20 2011, 9:36 PM GMT

I wouldn't really call Pie in the Sky or Jonathan Creek comedies.

No but they would be called comedy/detective dramas... ish

Quote: Griff @ March 20 2011, 11:00 PM GMT

Rumpole is fantastic.

Couldn't agree more and look at this for value!!!

See Amazon product listing

The whole shebang for £14.99!!

Off to order right now.

Quote: Marc P @ March 20 2011, 10:54 PM GMT

Are you completely mad, sir?

This may be open for debate, but they were indeed very excellent. Of this, no question is there.

Two of my favourites in the last few years have been Doc Martin and Life Begins starring Caroline Quentin.

I'll add Randall & Hopkirk, the original series. Or is this 'light drama'? Possibly intended as light drama as this was the 60s but today we'd call it Comedy Drama, which reminds me to watch the naughties remake, which should look more like comedy drama as we know it now.

Oh yes - Doc Martin too.

And I meant I wouldn't really call Pie in the Sky a comedy drama. A light drama maybe but I don't really remember any comedy in it and I loved it.

Favourites for me are...

UK
Sensitive Skin
Doc Martin
Jam and Jerusalem
The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle

US
Ugly Betty
The Gilmore Girls
Desperate Housewives
Bostom Legal

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ March 20 2011, 11:21 PM GMT

I'll add Randall & Hopkirk, the original series. Or is this 'light drama'? Possibly intended as light drama as this was the 60s but today we'd call it Comedy Drama, which reminds me to watch the naughties remake, which should look more like comedy drama as we know it now.

No - that would definitely be Comedy Drama I think.

Quote: Griff @ March 20 2011, 11:26 PM GMT

What is certain is that while the original was a charming piece of lightweight fluff, the 'knowing' comedy remake of R&H completely stunk the TV out.

I think you're possibly bigging the remake up too much Griff. It was cack of the highest order. Cackier than a cacky thing that had fallen into a vat of cack but that had somehow managed to crawl out and get to appear on the TV.

I remember the original Randall and Hopkirk and I enjoyed both that and the R & M remake. The same but very different.