The Partridge Family and Brady Bunch shown in UK

I know these shows are remembered as "squeaky-clean" family sitcoms and it seems The Partridge Family is well-remembered in the UK - I have heard it was shown by the BBC and of course the songs from the show were popular over here.

I don't think The Brady Bunch is as well-known over here, though. I know it was shown on ITV, but wasn't it only shown in the London region?

Sky One re-ran The Brady Bunch in the early 90s but I don't think The Partridge Family has been re-shown for decades. When I saw The Brady Bunch on YouTube, it seems very dated and the jokes have also dated.

I don't remember ever seeing either of them.
Only knew about them through references on other American shows.

I've definitely seen The Partridge Family on TV. Not The Brady Bunch though.

They were both shown in Northern Ireland although I seem to remember them being on ITV (long time ago so that may be wrong)

Who were the Brady KIDS? Was this an animated spin-off?

The only thing I really remember about the BRADY BUNCH was the multiscreen images of the cast [commonplace today, but revolutionary then].

Brady Bunch I remember as being odd as they had a maid, and it was far too saccharine. Partridge family, girls liked it for David Cassidy, but its was horribly MOR even for the time.

The Partridge was really just a vehicle to sell David Cassidy.

Wasn't there a UK version but a little darker.

The Ian Brady Bunch it was big in the 70s

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 19 2011, 8:02 PM BST

I've definitely seen The Partridge Family on TV. Not The Brady Bunch though.

Me too.

I have to admit the Partidge Family were one of my guilty pleasures. They did make some really good pop songs - unlike the Osmonds who were rubbish - and I did have a soft spot for Shirley Jones. (She was David Cassidy's mum in it wasn't she?)

Quote: sootyj @ March 28 2011, 7:54 PM BST

Wasn't there a UK version but a little darker.

Laughing out loud

Quote: sootyj @ March 28 2011, 7:54 PM BST

Laughing out loud

You have got to write that! Brilliant!

I was actually working on the theme tune...

Sweet baby Jesus! Yes!

Quote: Rico El Vista @ March 11 2011, 8:42 PM BST

Who were the Brady KIDS? Was this an animated spin-off?

The only thing I really remember about the BRADY BUNCH was the multiscreen images of the cast [commonplace today, but revolutionary then].

You are right, The Brady Kids was an animated spin-off. This cartoon, which was shown on BBC 1 before The Brady Bunch was even shown in the UK featured animated versions of the kids as a band - the producers were trying to compete with The Partridge Family, even though none of the Brady Kids could sing to save their lives.

The Partridge Family was originally shown on BBC One around 1971, I think on a Friday in the afternoon childrens slot. The show then switched to ITV after about one season. Htv used to show it on a Saturday morning from about 1972/73 as part of their morning strand of shows which also included The Osmonds cartoon series and the Tomfoolery Show

I assume this will air during the Super Bowl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqbomTIWCZ8